Jump to content
Sdk0716

221g submission for CDJ additional documents requested how long was your AP waiting time for response Ciudad Juárez consulate

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My husband had his immigrant visa interview back on October 3, 2017 he was given a blue paper 221g asking for court and prison records which he had none but had to have prove of because he was once arrested but never actually went to jail or had court so we got a lawyer to get the documents we needed to send to the consulate and we sent them about a year later 😬 and on January 8th 2019 they received the documents I called to confirm they had received them and on the first week of February I received a letter from consulate saying that they received the document and to check the ais.us-visa site for a response from them in 2-3 week that time has passed and we are still waiting I called and was told that the case was under administrative processing just wanted to hear from you all if anyone is going through the same thing or went through how long after the submission of the documents requested on 221g did you have a response from the consulate and what came next for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have sent the documents just couple of weeks ago. In mine case consular officer told me to send joint sponsor . Within 5 days i sent them joint sponsor letter and after a year no response. Its been year i sent them in 7 april 2018 and this is march 2019 . Whenever I enquiry about it they always say just wait please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Haseeb alam said:

You have sent the documents just couple of weeks ago. In mine case consular officer told me to send joint sponsor . Within 5 days i sent them joint sponsor letter and after a year no response. Its been year i sent them in 7 april 2018 and this is march 2019 . Whenever I enquiry about it they always say just wait please

 It’s hard waiting for so long but hopefully you hear back from them soon with good news. What doesn’t make much sense to me is why they sent me a letter in the mail saying that they would have a response in about 2-3 weeks and to check on the site. Did you also received a letter like this in the mail? I’m just wondering if this is something they normally send 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sdk0716 said:

 It’s hard waiting for so long but hopefully you hear back from them soon with good news. What doesn’t make much sense to me is why they sent me a letter in the mail saying that they would have a response in about 2-3 weeks and to check on the site. Did you also received a letter like this in the mail? I’m just wondering if this is something they normally send 

Its depend on how in your country embassy works.in your country embassies communicate by mail. But in mine case embassies uses American Express Courier for mailing. But when i mailed them documents. I did not recieve any kind of letter that confirmed delivery of my docs. Then i emailed embassy about my docs which i semt them.they told me that they have recieve docs and currently in review. But after a year.............still waiting.... Can you feel the year of young guy the most working able years of my life wasted in just waiting

Edited by Haseeb alam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Haseeb alam said:

Its depend on how in your country embassy works.in your country embassies communicate by mail. But in mine case embassies uses American Express Courier for mailing. But when i mailed them documents. I did not recieve any kind of letter that confirmed delivery of my docs. Then i emailed embassy about my docs which i semt them.they told me that they have recieve docs and currently in review. But after a year.............still waiting.... Can you feel the year of young guy the most working able years of my life wasted in just waiting

You are right about that every embassy or consulate works differently time wise and in other things maybe... I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you receive some good news soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update: Today I did received an email with a tracking number for a document they sent my husband by DHL it doesn’t specify what it is though I’m hopeful that it’s some sort of good news but I just don’t know what it could be it has been almost 2 months and a half since we sent the 221g blue paper with the documents requested, I will update as soon as I know what it is. Hope sharing my experience helps anyone also going through this process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sdk0716 said:

Just an update: Today I did received an email with a tracking number for a document they sent my husband by DHL it doesn’t specify what it is though I’m hopeful that it’s some sort of good news but I just don’t know what it could be it has been almost 2 months and a half since we sent the 221g blue paper with the documents requested, I will update as soon as I know what it is. Hope sharing my experience helps anyone also going through this process.

I hope that Good news would come at your door step there are many people who are wasting thier life,s precious time for just visa. I pray that what ever docs they sent to you that will indicate good sign and hope your husband get his visa asap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Haseeb alam said:

I will pray for your husband case. Hope you will get your visa soon. In mine administrative processing one year compeleted. Still waiting

Thank you for the good wishes. I’ll pray for both our cases to be solved soon and to hopefully have a visa soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×