Kitchj

k1 visa Auckland Consulate Administrative Processing

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi,

Newbie here.

I am in the middle of applying for a k1 fiancé visa. 

I had my consulate interview on 4th January. The officer said all seems great, he just needed my medical and a copy of my resume. 

Medical and resume were sent off and received by consulate on 15th January. 

February 7th  I had heard nothing so emailed and asked if there was a hold up. They said to post passport. 

Passport received Monday 11th February. 

Emailed consulate on 20th Feb to which they replied there are delays due to staff shortages. 

Does anyone know the current wait times for the Auckland consulate? I am worried as my medical is only valid until mid May. 

Thanks for any advice given 

KitchJ 

Timeline

I did read on Stuff during the American shut down that it could affect processing times for visas at the Auckland consulate, perhaps they are still catching up.  In saying that, one of the timelines I have been following had an interview last week and received their visa yesterday.  Aren't the medical and resume listed on things to bring with you to the interview in the first place though?  

Edited by Zeebubs

Timeline

Thanks for your reply. I think I will send them n email especially if others have received their visa. 

Apparently the shutdown does not affect this type of visa as it is independently funded by applicants. Whether being short staffed is an indirect affect of the shutdown maybe.

The medical is usually done pre interview, however I started it pre Christmas holiday season,  the panel physician then went on holiday for a month. I was given three days notice for my interview. Hence not having a completed medical. 

With regards to resume, I am sure I previously supplied one within my application. 

The whole application is incredibly stressful with long periods of nothing laced with imtermitent scrambles to gather information and documents. I shall be glad when its over! 

Thanks 

Edited by Kitchj

Timeline

It didn't affect the processes in America, but the shutdown affected staff levels at the Auckland consulate, thus causing delays.

I hope they are able to get it to you quickly!  Good luck.

Timeline

3 minutes ago, Zeebubs said:

It didn't affect the processes in America, but the shutdown affected staff levels at the Auckland consulate, thus causing delays.

I hope they are able to get it to you quickly!  Good luck.

Thank you Zeebubs, I will bare that in mind. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.