tiffanimichele1

K1 Courier Question

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! 

My fiance is from England and his interview is April 1st. I have a question about the delivery of his visa. 

When he paid for the visa to be delivered to his house, he put his name down as the one to show ID and accept the package. We did not put any other name down due to specific reasons I won’t go into. He works during the day (except Saturday) when mail is delivered. What happens if he is not home to show his ID and accept the package?

He lives in Milton Keynes, and the closest pickup we could find was Gatwick. Do they take it back to Gatwick? What happens? He wants to move as soon as possible (end of April, first week of May) so we don’t want any delays. 

Thanks for your help!! 

You may find this page helpful:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/niv/information/courier

1. The Courier will attempt to deliver your package up to 3 times to the requested address. If the courier is unable to make a successful delivery, the courier will return your package to the originating consular section.
  2. When delivering to a home address, the courier will only release the parcel to an adult who is willing to sign for the documents.
  3. the Courier's initial attempt to deliver your package is unsuccessful, they will leave a calling card. For redelivery attempts, the applicant must prove their identity at the time of the delivery
  4. During a redelivery, adult applicants may authorize a third party to accept the delivery on their behalf

I think on the first attempt, they may release the parcel to any adult. My dad signed for mine, and wasn't named on the request.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 9:55 AM, tiffanimichele1 said:

Hi everyone! 

My fiance is from England and his interview is April 1st. I have a question about the delivery of his visa. 

When he paid for the visa to be delivered to his house, he put his name down as the one to show ID and accept the package. We did not put any other name down due to specific reasons I won’t go into. He works during the day (except Saturday) when mail is delivered. What happens if he is not home to show his ID and accept the package?

He lives in Milton Keynes, and the closest pickup we could find was Gatwick. Do they take it back to Gatwick? What happens? He wants to move as soon as possible (end of April, first week of May) so we don’t want any delays. 

Thanks for your help!! 

I used to live in Milton Keynes, and decided to pick my K-1 packet up directly from the DX depot in Northampton to avoid any delivery issues. I do wonder if there's any issues with delivery (and it sounds like there shouldn't be), hopefully it would be returned there - and you could attempt to liaise with them directly with any queries?

Or if it's still possible (I can't remember if this part of the process can be changed pre-interview), could you amend your courier choice to collect directly from the depot in Northampton and save any hassles regarding delivery?

I also wanted to change my courier option to collection after having regretted paying for delivery, but at that point they lock you in, at least as far as the online system is concerned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.