samuelam

I-864 - Affidavit of Support - Part 5 - Item 6 - Question

1 post in this topic

Could anyone help me interpret I864 Part 5 Item 6: since I never file form I-864, only filed form I-864A? 

My wife sponsor both her father and mother back in 2017 since she do not have any income in her I-864, I submitted form I-864A as the household income. 

Now I'm sponsoring my brother-in-law for my mother-in-law and filling up I-864 and want to know if I need to include both my mother-in-law and father-in-law on: 
Part 5: Sponsor's Household Size 
Item# 6: If you have sponsored any other persons on Form I-864 or Form I-864EZ who are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here. 

I-864 Instructions read on Part 5 Item# 6 said: 

Item Number 6. Type or print the number of lawful permanent residents whom you are currently obligated to support
based on your previous submission of Form I-864 as a petitioning, substitute, or joint sponsor, or Form I-864EZ, Affidavit
of Support Under Section 213A of the INA, as a petitioning sponsor. Include only those persons who have already
immigrated to the United States. Do not include anyone for whom your obligation to support has ended through the
sponsored immigrant’s acquisition of U.S. citizenship, death, abandonment of lawful permanent residence in the United
States, acquisition of 40 quarters of earned or credited work in the United States, or obtaining a new grant of adjustment
of status while in removal proceedings based on a new affidavit of support, if one is required. 

thanks in advance. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.