arlesoma

Issue with my Passport and Birth place

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum and really happy to have found this support group. My sister has become a US citizen and she asked me if I would like for her to filed a petition for me as F4 through I-130. I understand it takes 12-14 years, which is ok as my husband and I are not in any hurry, however I have a huge problem which I just knew about it a few years ago and I know it was wrong and so since I knew I took the steps to corrected.

Story:

I was raised in Nicaragua and I always thought I was born in Nicaragua as I had a passport and birth certificate from that country. I went to the University in the US applied as for F1-Student visa as a Nicaraguan and got the visa. Stayed and got a job at GE and they petition me for an H1B1 visa which was granted. I then returned to Nicaragua and when I got back in a family reunion I was told that I was not born in Nicaraguan but in Mexico (my parents studied in Mexico and had me and I lived there for 1yr. and then returned to Nicaragua). My parents later told me that my grandfather registered me as BORN in Nicaragua (don't know how he could do this if I was not born there) and so that is why I had all the documents as Nicaraguan, but they told me that I also had a Mexican birth certificate, which I was like WT%$#%! So as soon as I knew this, I set myself to I fixed everything. I corrected my passport from Nicaragua, which now says nationality Nicaragua but BORN in Mexico and I have a Mexican passport saying that obviously I was born in Mexico (Nicaragua and Mexico can have dual nationality so that is ok).

Question:

The question now is that if my sister was to petition me, my record in the US show me as Nicaraguan not Mexican (since I have to applied from place of birth) and I am afraid the USCIS would now think that I am a fraud or making fraud as my documents are now different. What I did was try to correct something that was done wrong for me, but now I feel this will get me in trouble. What can I do? Are there any documents I would need to show for support documentation to help me, like what? an Affidavit from my mother or not good enough or there is nothing to do here?

Note: I know Mexican application takes up to 23 years, my husband is Nicaraguan so I believe applies cross-chargeability from Immigration Firms in youtube I have seen so that would mean a 10-14 yr wait.

Thank you very much for any of your reply that can give me some guide.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.