helena17

Can I change my last name while filing i 751?

2 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! I'm new on this forum. My conditional green card expires in May this year so i'm preparing to send my i 751 and the evidence. I have two questions.

1. I didn't change my last name to my husbands and I would really want to do it now. Is it possible to have a last name changed while applying for removal of conditions? has anybody done this? All my documents show my maiden name. And the marriage certificate also has my maiden name on it. I googled It and found some really old threads on forums where people said they just filled in the i 751 with marital last name, enclosed a copy of marriage certificate, and in a cover letter asked nicely to please change their maiden last name to their husbands'. But those I found were like from 10 years ago. I'm not sure if it's how you still do it. If anybody changed their last name  while applying for roc I would really appreciate any advice. 

2. My second question is in part 5 of i 751

Ok, I had one more question.

In part 5 of i 751 it says list all your children. My husband was married before me and has a daughter from his first marriage.  She lives with his ex wife and sometimes visits us. And we have a daughter together too. Of course I will list our daughter. But should I also list his daughter from first marriage? Since its a joint petition then i thought YOUR could mean both mine and his? Or is it only MY kids? Thank you. Any information would be very helpful!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.