HA&FA

K1 visa applicants from Afghanistan

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Do the petitioner and the beneficiary receive a call and email to be informed for the interview date or just email? 

I missed my interview appointment once, not really sure how, cause neither me or my fiancee received any calls or emails from the embassy. I dont wanna miss it again. For those who have had their interviews or informed about it, if you could please tell me how did the embassy notify you? TIA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

They never contacted me until I contacted them via email and they responded with an appointment time and letter. Right after I knew my case was approved and I knew it was at NVC stage, I followed up, got the case # from NVC and waited 7-10 days and started to email the embassy asking for an appointment date. Only then did i get any communication. They will NOT call. At least in our case and my brother’s case (which was thru marriage).

I see you missed the appointment, just keep emailing them 1-2 times a day if you have to, they aren’t great with communication and you don’t want to take the chance of missing it again. They will not call do not expect that. You as the petitioner can email them yourself on behalf of your fiancé, just include their name, date of birth and case number. Put the case number in the subject line- also tell them “i am ready for interview to be scheduled..etc” good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, farzram said:

They never contacted me until I contacted them via email and they responded with an appointment time and letter. Right after I knew my case was approved and I knew it was at NVC stage, I followed up, got the case # from NVC and waited 7-10 days and started to email the embassy asking for an appointment date. Only then did i get any communication. They will NOT call. At least in our case and my brother’s case (which was thru marriage).

I see you missed the appointment, just keep emailing them 1-2 times a day if you have to, they aren’t great with communication and you don’t want to take the chance of missing it again. They will not call do not expect that. You as the petitioner can email them yourself on behalf of your fiancé, just include their name, date of birth and case number. Put the case number in the subject line- also tell them “i am ready for interview to be scheduled..etc” good luck! 

Thank you for your response, much appreciated. Good luck to you as well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.