chipsahoy

BC Problem

5 posts in this topic

On default NSO certified copy of BC, item 12 (Mother's age at time of this birth), my mom's age is 27. In which it should be 26. (I noticed and did calculation just now). A typographic/clerical error indeed!

Plus on item 25 (This certificate is prepared by: Signature, Name in Print, Title & Date) wherein the month when my BC was prepared, the letter U (for the month of July) is missing.

My question are do I have this get recorrected? Would it be a big issue on my interview? If so, where will I start? How long will it take? I have no idea since I'd been using this BC since birth (?) and got no problem since.

Thank you for bearing with my queries!

Julie

Edited by Anthony Julie

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

In my opinion, since all the details about you are correct (name, birthdate, birthplace) the minor errors do not require correction. If your mom's birthdate is not reflected in your BC, there is no way for the embassy to calculate her age. And, everybody knows that July is spelled with a "u".

I don't think the minor errors would become an issue during interview unless you bring the matter up with the consul.

On default NSO certified copy of BC, item 12 (Mother's age at time of this birth), my mom's age is 27. In which it should be 26. (I noticed and did calculation just now). A typographic/clerical error indeed!

Plus on item 25 (This certificate is prepared by: Signature, Name in Print, Title & Date) wherein the month when my BC was prepared, the letter U (for the month of July) is missing.

My question are do I have this get recorrected? Would it be a big issue on my interview? If so, where will I start? How long will it take? I have no idea since I'd been using this BC since birth (?) and got no problem since.

I would tend to agree with PW. Sheryl's BC had her fathers name mispelled, crossed out and handwritten in. All her info was correct. We were a little worried but it did not cause any problems.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Thank you for bearing with my queries!

Julie

no worries on that i guess. since we have the same prob. although in my case the date of their marriage was worng on my bc plus my dad lied on his age. lol... as long as your name is AOK

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.