Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, I have an question. My parents marriage certificate is not accepted by NVC. It has been hassle for my parents to get their marriage certificate in India because some recent change in Indian Marriage Act Law in 2006. As little as I know, this act was passed to end child marriage act law. My parents were married in 1970s. When my dad went to get marriage certificate in Indian judicial system they said they can't issue one now because of the marriage act law. The marriage certificate that we have has "non judicial....and 20 rupees stamp on it..."  so this is best that we can get from Indian authority...However, NVC is saying that this is not valid enough...what can I do....? Does anyone know what I should do...? Thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...