02/18/14: Case received by NVC

03/21/14: NVC Case# Received

03/27/14: AOS shows paid

03/27/14: dropped off AOS package at post office

03/31/14: AOS received at NVC

04/02/14: IV shows paid

04/02/14: DS-260 Completed

04/02/14: dropped off IV package and resent I-864

04/04/14: Received at NVC (IV package and I-864)

04/16/14: received a real checklist for I-864

04/20/14: AOS accepted

04/22/14: received a real checklist for IV package (birth certificate :cry:)

04/23/14: NVC received checklist item (IV package)

05/14/14: Case complete at NVC

05/21/14: email about case complete

06/12/14: Received email for interview (P4)

06/23/14: Medical done

07/02/14: Pick up medical results

07/07/14: Interview Date----Approved :dancing:

07/14/14: Received Visa in hands

07/23/14:POE JFK

08/2?/14:Had to apply for SSN-- received in mail--- applied three weeks later and received less than a week after

09/02/14:Conditional Green CARD received in mail

On 1/11/2019 at 3:54 PM, bestluck said:

Hello everyone ,

My interview will be next month I did apply under 3 years rules to married , i don't know what to expect during interview any advice or tips for me please let me know  

Thank you and god bless . 

You should bring your identification documents (your GC, passport etc). I have read somewhere that it is good to bring extra copies of passport photos, just in case. 

Originals of the documents that you submitted with N-400 application like marriage certificate, proof of your spouse's citizenship etc. If you have kids, you should have birth certificates.

Joint supporting documents since becoming LPR like joint taxes, joint bank account statements, mortgage, health insurance etc. Chances are the interviewer won't ask for a lot but s/he might want to see recent bills and keep latest taxes for the file. The interview might not even ask for supporting documents because for N-400 they are not asking for a lot but you never know.

And of course, study for your test! 🙂 Being prepared is good!

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

21 minutes ago, AlluringSoul said:

You should bring your identification documents (your GC, passport etc). I have read somewhere that it is good to bring extra copies of passport photos, just in case. 

Originals of the documents that you submitted with N-400 application like marriage certificate, proof of your spouse's citizenship etc. If you have kids, you should have birth certificates.

Joint supporting documents since becoming LPR like joint taxes, joint bank account statements, mortgage, health insurance etc. Chances are the interviewer won't ask for a lot but s/he might want to see recent bills and keep latest taxes for the file. The interview might not even ask for supporting documents because for N-400 they are not asking for a lot but you never know.

And of course, study for your test! 🙂 Being prepared is good!

Thank you 

On 1/11/2019 at 3:54 PM, bestluck said:

Hello everyone ,

My interview will be next month I did apply under 3 years rules to married , i don't know what to expect during interview any advice or tips for me please let me know  

Thank you and god bless . 

I had my interview 10 days ago under the marriage rule.  I was asked if I would like to supply any further documents demonstrating my marriage was still in good standing.  I supplied our latest 2017 tax return.  She then looked at me and said - “is that it?”  I was like  - “Yeah.  We’ve been together 20 years and nothing has changed.....”  she sort of looked surprised.  

I then worried I hadn’t supplied enough, as I wasn’t approved on the spot, but I was finally approved today, so all good in the end. My biggest worry was the letter says to bring the original marriage certificate, and we could not find it for love nor money, so i took a photocopy which I had on file, but it wasn’t asked for. 

⬇️ Immigration/Visa experience ⬇️

ESTA 

ESTA revoked

H1B for 2 years

B2 - Denied

B2 - Successful

AoS

Green Card

Green Card ROC

Naturalization

(AoS & GC via same sex marriage if it helps) 

So plenty experience to draw on to help you all out on......  

1 hour ago, Teknodude said:

I had my interview 10 days ago under the marriage rule.  I was asked if I would like to supply any further documents demonstrating my marriage was still in good standing.  I supplied our latest 2017 tax return.  She then looked at me and said - “is that it?”  I was like  - “Yeah.  We’ve been together 20 years and nothing has changed.....”  she sort of looked surprised.  

I then worried I hadn’t supplied enough, as I wasn’t approved on the spot, but I was finally approved today, so all good in the end. My biggest worry was the letter says to bring the original marriage certificate, and we could not find it for love nor money, so i took a photocopy which I had on file, but it wasn’t asked for. 

they don't see your documents ? like bills together bank account ? picture with family ? tax return 3 years ? what question they ask you during interview ?

thank you for comment 

16 minutes ago, bestluck said:

they don't see your documents ? like bills together bank account ? picture with family ? tax return 3 years ? what question they ask you during interview ?

thank you for comment 

Yes of course - but I supplied all of that with the original application.  Sorry if I wasn’t clear in my original reply.  

What I was referring to was additional documentation to support the application at the interview, that may be relevant since the original application was filed. 

So in my original application I uploaded copies of our marriage certificate, our civil partnership from 2006 in the United Kingdom, bank accounts, credit cards, mortgage docs, drivers licenses showing same address, car insurance, wills, joint financial investments, 3 years of joint filed tax returns, a ton of photos of our life together over 20 years, joint subscriptions to art museums,  all that stuff. 

The only question I was asked at interview that wasn’t just confirming details on my application, was if I had any additional documents I wanted to support the marriage was still bonafide and I provided our joint 2017 tax return.  That was it.  I hope that makes it a little clearer.  

⬇️ Immigration/Visa experience ⬇️

ESTA 

ESTA revoked

H1B for 2 years

B2 - Denied

B2 - Successful

AoS

Green Card

Green Card ROC

Naturalization

(AoS & GC via same sex marriage if it helps) 

So plenty experience to draw on to help you all out on......  

since you applying through marriage (3 years ), they will ask you about your marriage  ,how you met your wife , wedding . friend of mine apply through marriage the officer  ask him about the marriage  , be prepared , he got his approved same day .

good luck .

16 hours ago, jhon30 said:

since you applying through marriage (3 years ), they will ask you about your marriage  ,how you met your wife , wedding . friend of mine apply through marriage the officer  ask him about the marriage  , be prepared , he got his approved same day .

good luck .

ok thank you so much 

17 hours ago, Teknodude said:

Yes of course - but I supplied all of that with the original application.  Sorry if I wasn’t clear in my original reply.  

What I was referring to was additional documentation to support the application at the interview, that may be relevant since the original application was filed. 

So in my original application I uploaded copies of our marriage certificate, our civil partnership from 2006 in the United Kingdom, bank accounts, credit cards, mortgage docs, drivers licenses showing same address, car insurance, wills, joint financial investments, 3 years of joint filed tax returns, a ton of photos of our life together over 20 years, joint subscriptions to art museums,  all that stuff. 

The only question I was asked at interview that wasn’t just confirming details on my application, was if I had any additional documents I wanted to support the marriage was still bonafide and I provided our joint 2017 tax return.  That was it.  I hope that makes it a little clearer.  

well its mean i have file 2018 tax and show it in  my file i have all documents here look it up my documents check list please ,

Green card

Passports expire one too

Marriage certification

Bank account together

Telephone Electric bills together

House tax paid by with our name

Car insurance together

File taxes together 2015-2016-2017-2018-

Family picture together every Christmas

Wife birth certificate and mine

Buy new car together I did paid down payment on it show in paper

Living in same address since I arrive to states .

Wife will be with me in my interview support me

What else can you tell me Its alot to prove that you living together in same addresss and show all those document .

Thank you for comment and let me know if i missing anything please 

1 hour ago, bestluck said:

well its mean i have file 2018 tax and show it in  my file i have all documents here look it up my documents check list please ,

Green card

Passports expire one too

Marriage certification

Bank account together

Telephone Electric bills together

House tax paid by with our name

Car insurance together

File taxes together 2015-2016-2017-2018-

Family picture together every Christmas

Wife birth certificate and mine

Buy new car together I did paid down payment on it show in paper

Living in same address since I arrive to states .

Wife will be with me in my interview support me

What else can you tell me Its alot to prove that you living together in same addresss and show all those document .

Thank you for comment and let me know if i missing anything please 

you are approved  , good luck 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.