Sweet Love

Waiting for Packet4

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I ended up calling and calling the phone number (which was actually to a different country [mexico], not where our embassy is) and they were real unclear about when our Packet 4 would come (wait 60 days, wait 90 days, we already sent it...). Finally I just emailed the embassy in El Salvador and they emailed me the packet the next day. Then I contacted them about the interview date (instead of calling, as I had done about 10 times already), and they emailed me the attachment of the interview date/time letter.

This might help you too -- email the embassy directly and see if they can get you the forms faster, especially if they people on the phone say they already mailed the form and you haven't gotten it yet.

tara

Thanks Tara. Yesterday night i sent email to Consulate as you adviced and this morning i also called them. But they told me to call again in late June. I think maybe because i live in the North.... it takes longer. Who knows. Now i just wait to call them late June. huhuhuhu

--Hang.

Hang and Kevin

*****\(^_^)/\(^.^)/*****

Oct. 30.2006 - I-129F Sent

Nov. 06.2006 - NOA1

Jan. 23.2007 - USCIS have approved our case

Jan. 26.2007 - Received NOA2 in mail from USCIS

Feb. 05.2007 - NVC forwarded case to U. S. Consulate in HCM

Feb. 07.2007 - Received Notification in mail from NVC

Feb. 09.2007 - HCM consulate received from NVC

Mar. 05.2007 - HCM Consulate sends out Packet 3

Apr. 05.2007 - Finally Got Packet 3 from HCM Consulate

Apr. 06.2007 - Sent back Packet 3 to HCMC

Apr. 10.2007 - HCMC received Packet 3

July.02.2007 - Received Packet 4

July. 23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE =>PASSED. Yippy! \(^_^)/

Aug.01.2007 - POE at San Francisco

Aug.16.2007 - Got married

Oct.08.2007 - AOS sent

Oct.10.2007 - delivered

Oct.15.2007 - got mail (NOA for AOS)

Hang,

Just be patient heh? Enjoy your time left in Vietnam. It will take more than 2 months for you to get your Package 4 and 1 month after it to have your interview. It took us more than 2 months to get our package 4. It is a normal time frame for them. So enjoy time left with your family and friends. When you get to the state, It will take you at least half of year for a green card. After you get your greencard then you will have a permission to come back to Vietnam for a visit. For now, take your time and go enjoy places in Vietnam. Go to place that you never been to.

IF you dont' want to go places then try to get all your evidences together. Organize them by months, Newest to the oldest months. Picture, Chat Logs, Emails, Phone Logs. :) Good Luck.

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hang,

Just be patient heh? Enjoy your time left in Vietnam. It will take more than 2 months for you to get your Package 4 and 1 month after it to have your interview. It took us more than 2 months to get our package 4. It is a normal time frame for them. So enjoy time left with your family and friends. When you get to the state, It will take you at least half of year for a green card. After you get your greencard then you will have a permission to come back to Vietnam for a visit. For now, take your time and go enjoy places in Vietnam. Go to place that you never been to.

IF you dont' want to go places then try to get all your evidences together. Organize them by months, Newest to the oldest months. Picture, Chat Logs, Emails, Phone Logs. :) Good Luck.

Thank you CK&Ty.

Yeah. I will Just patient and confident. I dont want to go to other places alone without my love Kevin :(

So i'm just spending time with my family, chat and talk to Kevin and other time i just know to play game online to kill time. Because if i don't make myself busy i will just think about Kevin.....huhu

Hang and Kevin

*****\(^_^)/\(^.^)/*****

Oct. 30.2006 - I-129F Sent

Nov. 06.2006 - NOA1

Jan. 23.2007 - USCIS have approved our case

Jan. 26.2007 - Received NOA2 in mail from USCIS

Feb. 05.2007 - NVC forwarded case to U. S. Consulate in HCM

Feb. 07.2007 - Received Notification in mail from NVC

Feb. 09.2007 - HCM consulate received from NVC

Mar. 05.2007 - HCM Consulate sends out Packet 3

Apr. 05.2007 - Finally Got Packet 3 from HCM Consulate

Apr. 06.2007 - Sent back Packet 3 to HCMC

Apr. 10.2007 - HCMC received Packet 3

July.02.2007 - Received Packet 4

July. 23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE =>PASSED. Yippy! \(^_^)/

Aug.01.2007 - POE at San Francisco

Aug.16.2007 - Got married

Oct.08.2007 - AOS sent

Oct.10.2007 - delivered

Oct.15.2007 - got mail (NOA for AOS)

hehehe, do what ever you feel like to do..... :thumbs: Tai vi luc Hang qua den ben My roi. May thang dau Hang se ngoi o nha khong va se bi buon va nho nha.. Voi lai, Mai mot muon ve Vietnam tham gia dinh thi Hang se ton 1 thoi gian rat la lau. Cho nen bay gio Hang co duoc co hoi thi cu di choi hoac tham nguoi than cua Hang di. Mai mot muon thay duoc ho cung hoi lau do' hiihihih. Noi vay thoi, Hang cung nen chuan bi day du het giay to de cho phong van di nhe. Di chich ngua xong chua? Nho dem khai sinh cua Hang ra cho ho translate qua tieng Anh di nhe'. Nho keu ho lam vai bang copy. Tai qua den ben nay, luc lam giay to cho The Sanh thi Hang cung phai can nop vo 1 ban cho ho do. Tot nhat lam 3 ban copy. ;) Neu can gi thi hoi nhe' Chuc Hang duoc may man.

Kevin.

Edited by CK&Tydi

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.