Jump to content

Change of Address

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Did a search but couldn't find the answer.....I moved into my current address just over 2 years ago and foolishly forgot to inform immigration about my change of address. I will soon be applying for my US citizenship. Whats the best course of action, to phone up and apologize and admit my mistake and have them update it or perhaps just submit a change of address form now and say that I have moved within the last week or so? I don't want to lie though.

Thanks for any input, I really appreciate it.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading your post got me thinking if i notify them also 😒...same thing, we moved 2 years ago. I don't even know at this point how to figure out if i did or not so i am very much interested if we can get some help form the nice people here.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.