Jump to content

ROC for k-2 stepson filing separate from mother- supporting evidence?

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

good evening

(i searched the forum for this but received 0 hits for "k-2".)

my stepson arrived 4 months after my fiance, he on a k-2 she on a k-1. she and i have been happily married for 2++ years, we filed her I-751 in July, now its time for my stepson's I-751. i am unsure what supporting information we need to include with his filing, as it is separate from his mother's application. for his mother/my wife's i-751, we needed to prove our bona-fide relationship, but for his i assume we only need to show he lives with us and is our dependant, correct?

so far we have : copies of his green card, social security card, selective service registration, school ID, birth certificate and certified translation,  my tax transcripts for last 3 years with him as dependant hilighted, a page of photos of him with us, all three of our health insurance cards (same insurance), a dentist bill (one of many) and a doctor bill, and a bank statement for an account he has jointly with his mother (my wife).

do i need more? do i need to include all the supporting evidence we assembled for his mother? he has his father's last name, i assume if that needed to be addressed they would not have issued him a k-2 visa in the first place, right?

did i miss anything? further thoughts?

thank you


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...