Jump to content

Renewal of EAD Card & Green Card Interview

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello I have not been given an interview date for the adjustment of status and I am using my EAD Card for work. To be safe since my card expire in a couple of months I would like to apply for EAD(employment authorization card) CARD RENEWAL. Since I am waiting to issued an interview and if I am apply for a renewal ead card will I be eligible for the waiver fee and avoid paying 410$. Or will I have to pay the 410 to renew my ead card?


Thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gappy said:

To be safe since my card expire in a couple of months I would like to apply for EAD(employment authorization card) CARD RENEWAL.

As long as it expires within 180 days you can renew; https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/employment-authorization-document:


Renewal EAD

If you are still eligible for employment authorization but your EAD will be expiring or has expired, you should file for a renewal EAD by submitting a new Form I-765 and filing fee (if required), unless a fee waiver is requested and approved. Generally, you should not file for a renewal EAD more than 180 days before your original EAD expires

Whether or not you already have Advance Parole, I still recommend filing I-131 together with the I-765. The EAD/AP combo card is FREE; https://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/uscis-issue-employment-authorization-and-advance-parole-card-adjustment-status-applicants-questions-and-answers:


Q5. How much does this card cost?

A5. If you submitted an application for adjustment of status on or after July 30, 2007 (or on or after August 18, 2007, for employment-based cases), you will pay only one fee to file Form I-485, Form I-765 and Form I-131. The fee for Form I-485 is <outdated cost>, and there is no separate fee for Forms I-765 and I-131 associated with a Form I-485. For those cases that were filed under the old fee structure, the costs for this card will equal the combined costs of filing Forms I-131 and I-765, which is a total of <outdated cost>. Visit www.uscis.gov/fees for more information.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...