Sandy05

Help with I-134

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey everyone, I could really use some advice filling out the I-134 form for my K1 visa. I have some concerns and just want to double check some things before I send in the form. I'm a medical student and I have a gap time right now studying for boards, which means Im still considered a student but not active so not receiving loans since last year. I've been back home with my parents while studying but will hopefully be in rotations by the spring by the time my fiance gets here. I don't meet the financial requirements for the affidavit of support by myself. My stepdad was supposed to be our co-sponsor but was unexpectedly laid off last month. He was making 100+k and is waiting to hear back for a different position at the same company. My mom got a job 6 months ago after being laid off and unemployed for years but it doesn't make the cut off. We have a very close family friend who has graciously offered to co-sponsor. She makes $84,000/yr not including her husband's income and has two dependent children. Will it be a problem that it's a family friend and not my parents? Should I send a letter explaining that my parents will help us until Im back in rotations and have my loans to cover our expenses in the spring?

My fiance will also be selling his car and will have $20k+ cash savings that he will bring with him. Should we include the car title and his bank account information? Should I include a copy of his medical degree proving he's a doctor in his home country and thus once he takes US board exams he will be able to work as a doctor and won't be a burden to the state?

Also for my I-134, since I don't meet the financial requirements should I put student under employment and give the address of my school? Should I put zero for all the income and asset information or should I include my checking account details with a letter from the bank. Someone advised me that it's pointless since they will only be looking at my co-sponsors info since I don't have the income on my own and not to bother. Should she include her checking account info too? She is giving me the I-134, three years of tax returns and W2s, pay stubs from the past 3 months, proof of citizenship, and a verification of employment letter. Will this be enough? Sorry for so many questions, any help would be appreciated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.