jmmc

My I-765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION changed days after the card was received

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

TL;DR: I already completed biometrics and received my EAD but my i-756 status changed again but apparently they couldn't deliver the notice and when I did the e-request it came back saying that I might have to do biometrics again?

I received my card on the 19th of October, the information displayed on it was all correct and my status changed to the card was delivered. Fast forward to the 29th of October and I get a notification on my phone that my status has changed again, this time it says that: "On October 29, 2018, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXX, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I did what I was told to above and this morning I received this email:

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On October 29, 2018, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, Receipt NumberMSCXXXXXXXXXX, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to
www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and 
in
 most

cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Now my question is: What is going on? I already completed my biometrics so why would I have to go in again other than for my interview?

Other important details: AoS from OoS F1 via c(9) (marriage to a USC)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.