3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I wanted to post something new on this area to introduce myself. I'm Rhonda and I'm new on the site, just after finding it last week. I wish I had known that it existed more than a year ago. I am the American half of a this French/american couple. My fiance, Nicolas is French. We met more than 8 years ago on the internet. I know I know....that seems like a long time ago, but we had quite a journey to make first. I am a French teacher in a high school in the Midwest.....I've taught now for 25 years. This will be the second marriage for both of us.

Nicolas visited me often in the US during 2004-2005, but after a trip together to France he was refused entry at the Chicago border. He was returned the same day on the same Air France plane that we had arrived on. After coming to terms with what had happened we found an immigration lawyer who helped with the first steps of the K-1 process Everything was mailed in July 2006 which was first approved in November 2006. Nicolas received his interview appt for February 2007 and we thought we were days from being together. But I think a clerical mistake or a consulate who was having a bad day put a giant roadblock in our way. He told us to file a 601 and 212 which we labored over for weeks before mailing to Rome at the end of April. Now in the past week we've had e-mails from Rome and Paris saying that these waivers were never needed (no apologies of course). TODAY he was again at the paris embassy where he left his passport and was told that he would have it back in a few days....It's a go....he's coming back.

I just have a desire to tell more and more people this story because it is such an amazing feeling to know that he will be here soon. Back to the home that we selected together! I've been here waiting the 425 days since he was sent back in "ERROR". Of course I've visited France 3 times in the meantime....last June for 3 weeks, October for 2 weeks and again in March for 2 more weeks.....I had in fact already booked a ticket for June, but this is unnecessary!!!

I hope to know some of you better in the next weeks and months. I know we'll need help and support in preparing for the next part of our "visajourney"

Anyway....bonne journee a tout le monde!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Coucou, bonjour,

Welcome aboard, always great to see a French<->American couple on VisaJourney. And even better if you are in the Midwest (Chicagoland area) :thumbs:

Wow, what a story, thanks for sharing it with us here. Glad to see that things are back on a normal track. Hope your fiance will be here soon. Any questions, feel free to ask...

Hope things will run smoothly from now on. Good luck with your journey.

Take care :)

~ Our K-1 Timeline ~

- France / Illinois -

I-129F NOA1 = 07/24/03 [NSC]

NOA2 = 01-20-04 [180 days from NOA1]

NVC letter received = 01/30/04

Interview Date = 03/16/04 * K-1 Visa Success!

POE O'hare = 05/2004

AOS mailed to Chicago DO = 05/2004

NOAs received for AOS and EAD from NBC Missouri = 06/2004

Biometrics/fingerprinting ASC= 07/2004

EAD online approval = 08/2004

EAD card received = 08/2004

AOS Interview Letter received = 11/2004

AOS Interview = 03/2005 * Success - Approved

2-year PR card received = 03/2005

Change of Address forms A-11 & I-864 = 10/2006

Filed for I-751 removing condition [NSC]: 12/02/06

NOA received (1-year extension) = 12/21/06

Biometric appointment letter received = 12/23/06

ASC biometric = 01/02/07

Email-Status: Card production ordered = 09/07/07

Email-Status: Approval notice sent = 09/11/07

10-yr Green Card Received! * = 09/13/07

N-400 Citizenship Application mailed = 03/21/09

Biometrics = 4/22/09, 5/14/09

Citizenship Exam = 7/23/09 * Success - Approved

Oath Ceremony Chicago = 8/19/09

US Passport = 06/2010

* "If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." - Ernest Hemingway ~

http://www.guildwars.com

http://www.klove.com

Filed: Timeline
Coucou, bonjour,

Welcome aboard, always great to see a French<->American couple on VisaJourney. And even better if you are in the Midwest (Chicagoland area) :thumbs:

Wow, what a story, thanks for sharing it with us here. Glad to see that things are back on a normal track. Hope your fiance will be here soon. Any questions, feel free to ask...

Hope things will run smoothly from now on. Good luck with your journey.

Take care :)

Merci!

And yes, he will be here soon. He bought his ticket today and will be back in the states on June 4th. I'm so excited I can hardly sleep. Yes, I'm sure there will be questions along the way when we start the AOS and now that I've found this site, I know that I will find the answers here.

Thanks again,

rhonda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.