Jump to content

K2 Visa Japan notorized consent?

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi Community,


Has anyone processed a K2 through Japan?  With regards to letting my fiancé take her son out of the country.  She has custody and in Japan it seems like that's all you need.  We spoke to a woman on a blog who just recently processed a K2 and said no letter of consent was provided but I see on VJ many people have said otherwise but I wasn't sure if this applied to Japan.  Can someone who processed a K2 through Japan let me know if they provided a notarized letter of consent for the non-custodial parent?


P.S.  Her Ex-husband knows about and is ok with her son coming with her to the US but Japan getting something notarized is not as easy as it is here in the states.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.