Kateybot

NOA2 received...when to expect Case Number?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all. I received my NOA2 in the mail today (dated Oct 23rd) from the USCIS Field Office London. The letter itself states there is a 5 week wait time to receive the case number. However, I've read of numerous instances where this was much shorter than 5 weeks. 

Does anyone know the typical wait time for case numbers as of Oct 2018? 

1 hour ago, Kateybot said:

Hi all. I received my NOA2 in the mail today (dated Oct 23rd) from the USCIS Field Office London. The letter itself states there is a 5 week wait time to receive the case number. However, I've read of numerous instances where this was much shorter than 5 weeks. 

Does anyone know the typical wait time for case numbers as of Oct 2018? 

It should take around 4-6 weeks. The 5 week wait time that the letter states sounds right.

On another forum I saw a London DCF filer with a late Sept 2018 NOA2 who received their case number in four days. It seems to have slowed though as our NOA2 was dated Oct 17th and no case number yet. I will let you know when it arrives!

On 10/27/2018 at 10:58 AM, rmc said:

On another forum I saw a London DCF filer with a late Sept 2018 NOA2 who received their case number in four days. It seems to have slowed though as our NOA2 was dated Oct 17th and no case number yet. I will let you know when it arrives!

Thanks - I'll look forward to your update! I think it has slowed down slightly as well but hopefully it won't take the full five weeks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.