arc1929

The selected Case Number and Date of Birth combination you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your case is being processed. 

2 posts in this topic

This actually happened to us and it was such a pain to get it figured out even though it ended up being something simple. We would get that same error message when trying to use CEAC. We called the embassy and several other places to no avail. I eventually found this form ( https://mx.usembassy.gov/public-inquiry-form-immigrant-visas-residents/ ) and submitted an inquiry. A few days later they responded saying that someone at the embassy had likely entered my wife's birthday incorrectly. They included the incorrect birthdate and we were able to use that to login. We filled out everything as normal and simply told someone at the embassy (during the interview) about the mixup and they fixed it.

Not sure what country you're filing in but I recommend checking if your embassy has a similar inquiry form or some way to contact them. I also recommend trying different birthdates in hope of guessing the correct one. I had actually started doing this but gave up before finding the right one. I should've just kept going.

Edited by Jorge V

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.