twomuchcandy

How long after Interview scheduled notification to get letter and actual interview?

4 posts in this topic

Just received an email with a notification that my interview for I485 (AoS through marriage to a US citizen) has been scheduled, and that I will be receiving a letter with the date in the mail. How long will it take after this notification to get the letter, and how long after that for the actual interview? 

Also, I filed my petition only 1.5 months ago (end of August). I haven't even heard about my AP and EAD! Is anyone else on the same boat? This just seems unusually fast and I am concerned it might be bad.

Edited by twomuchcandy

The letter will come few days later, whatever normal time for snail mail letter to arrive. Well stranger things have happened in immigration and it may not be bad. Without knowing the details about your case, it’s hard to say. However one thing for sure is if your marriage is real and you can provide lots of evidence of a bona fide relationship then you don’t have anything to worry.

25 minutes ago, kid1412 said:

The letter will come few days later, whatever normal time for snail mail letter to arrive. Well stranger things have happened in immigration and it may not be bad. Without knowing the details about your case, it’s hard to say. However one thing for sure is if your marriage is real and you can provide lots of evidence of a bona fide relationship then you don’t have anything to worry.

Thanks! I am not super worried, since we have been living together for over three years at this point, and have tons of evidence. I am really just surprised of how fast this has been. Based on this website, the average time from filing to interview at our local office  is like 5 months!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

@twomuchcandy

17 hours ago, twomuchcandy said:

Thanks! I am not super worried, since we have been living together for over three years at this point, and have tons of evidence. I am really just surprised of how fast this has been. Based on this website, the average time from filing to interview at our local office  is like 5 months!

Congrats! Agreed, that's really fast. Judging by your tone of surprise, it seems that you didn't have any special expedite request going on. There have been sporadic reports of people going from filing to GC in roughly 90 days, but the sample size has been too small to discern any rhyme or reason. In any case, hope you get the letter soon and best of luck!

2018/08/28 - mailed combo 130/485/131/765 with evidence, omitted 693, used personal checks and USPS priority mail

2018/09/07 - e-notice for received apps (some went to spam), checks cashed

2018/09/13 - hard copies of receipts for above

2018/09/14 - e-notice for biometrics notice

2018/09/22 - bio appt hard copies arrived, with 10/08 date

2018/09/25 - courtesy letter for missing I-693

2018/09/26 - biometrics completed early as walk-in

2018/10/03 - e-notice for "case is ready to be scheduled"

2019/01/31 - e-notice for "new card ordered for production" (EAD)
2019/02/05 - hard copies of notices of approval for EAD and AP

2019/10/07 - mailed renewal apps for EAD and AP (~120d before combo card expiration)

2019/12/03 - got 693 medical exam in sealed envelope

2019/12/11 - e-notification "interview was scheduled"

2019/12/17 - interview notice delivered, 2020/1/15

2020/1/15 - interview in SF, card in production

2020/1/24 - Conditional (2year) green card received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.