J❤️J

Cover letter for AOS i485, i131, i765

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me with this. I entered the US on a K-1 Visa. I married my fiance soon after and now and I am applying for adjustment of status. I will be submitting the I485 along with the I131 and the I765. On my cover letter I noticed that there is a lot of repetition. For instance,  I am submitting multiple copies of my birth certificate, passport page with biographical data, K1 visa, etc. Is it necessary to keep multiple copies of the same documents in the one package? I understand that for photos I will need 2 of each so 6 all together however it seems a bit confusing that I keep listing the same forms over and over under different headings (i131, i485, etc). Is there a recent cover page that I can use as an example and is very organized?

My second question is for the application for travel document. I assume I should be applying for Advance parole as I am currently in the United States . One of the evidence examples asked for is "a copy of any document showing my current status in the United States". What should I use for this?

Any help is much appreciated! 😁

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have 3 different folders or  big envelope for your 3 different application. That would be easy to organize for you and for the officer that will handle your case. Have 3 cover letters for each. That's what I did.

Edited by NovaDC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For evidence of your current status, send a copy of your I-94 and a copy of your passport page that has your K1 visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.