Jump to content

RFE birth certificate

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everybody, so i filled my ROC divorce waiver last year, just received RFE asking for our son birth certificate, the thing is that i provided the hospital record when our son was born. also i am about to go get his birth certificate and i am not sure if my ex wife changed his name cuz i was never served. my question is for someone who has same experience ; should i put on the form his name given at birth (he has my family name) but i am wondering if the clerck gonna be able to find my son on the record if my ex wife changed his name or the original birth certificate cant be changed the given name at birth? appreciate your answers. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your question is not clear.  But, if you are asking how you should submit an application form to obtain a copy of your son's birth certificate, start with filling in your family name -- as you know his name to be.  I assume that you are seeking a birth certificate in the United States; once a birth certificate is created, it cannot be changed by anyone.  Good Luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.