The Conqueror

N-400 October 2018 Filers - SEATTLE field office

16 posts in this topic

Good day to ALL,

I haven't seen October - Seattle filers yet, just in case there's an existing one let me know.

I filed ONLINE on October 01, 2018 based on 3 years rule -  marriage to a U.S Citizen.  I need to do a lot of reading here in VJ to keep me informed about what's going on lately.

Please feel free to share your experience to all October - Seattle Filers.

Cheers,

Dahlia

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Hello,

I am sending in my app in a few days too which would be October filling. I am hearing from lawyers that the time frame varies. For some it's been very quick and for some it's been 18months. What have you heard? Online it says 16-18 months. That's not quick for sure. If especially minimum is 16 months. 

8 hours ago, Lc cl said:

Hello,

I am sending in my app in a few days too which would be October filling. I am hearing from lawyers that the time frame varies. For some it's been very quick and for some it's been 18months. What have you heard? Online it says 16-18 months. That's not quick for sure. If especially minimum is 16 months. 

Hi!  

Unfortunately Seattle has longer waiting period.  Mine shows 14 months.  I guess the question is "Does it matters what lawyers are  saying?".  My answer is "NO".  We can see or check ourselves what is the Processing Time in Seattle and they have no influence or control on it. (I hope you're not consulting or paying lawyer to submit your application, it's just a waste of money, ONLINE application is so easy). Yes, it's sad that we need to wait too long, maybe we have so many applicants.  I've read some threads in Visa Journey that some States or field offices only takes 4-6 months and lucky for them.  All we need is a big amount of PATIENCE... :)

Cheers,

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

22 minutes ago, dahlia0811 said:

Hi!  

Unfortunately Seattle has longer waiting period.  Mine shows 14 months.  I guess the question is "Does it matters what lawyers are  saying?".  My answer is "NO".  We can see or check ourselves what is the Processing Time in Seattle and they have no influence or control on it. (I hope you're not consulting or paying lawyer to submit your application, it's just a waste of money, ONLINE application is so easy). Yes, it's sad that we need to wait too long, maybe we have so many applicants.  I've read some threads in Visa Journey that some States or field offices only takes 4-6 months and lucky for them.  All we need is a big amount of PATIENCE... :)

Cheers,

Here's a link from VJ about "Citizenship (N-400) Timelines" in Seattle.  Some are good in updating their status but somehow this give us an idea how long other applicants are "IN-Line" waiting for their Interview.

BTW:  I think it doesn't matter if we apply ONLINE or by MAIL, the waiting is probably just the same.  Based on what I read here in VJ, ONLINE is more convenient and easy.   

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op1=3&op2=d&op3=&op4=1&op5=&op6=All&op7=Seattle WA

Edited by dahlia0811

My Biometrics is scheduled too on October 26, and I'll try to do it earlier - walk-in on Monday .  Not sure if they allow it but I will try anyway.

Cheers,

You applied in October and already received biometric appointment? That was fast. 

24 minutes ago, Lc cl said:

You applied in October and already received biometric appointment? That was fast. 

It’s just about right, within a month to get an appointment.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op1=3&op2=d&op3=&op4=1&op5=&op6=All&op7=Seattle WA

I’ve been following this thread, it is very helpful.

cheers,

UPDATE:  I printed my Biometrics Appointment online, and the appointment date is October 26.  My Case Status says that the notice was sent last October 06 but haven't received it by mail.  So I went online on my account and saw that the Appointment notice was already attached, I printed it and decided to early walk in.

I had no problem going to Tukwilla Field Office, after Security check, I went to the window for Biometrics and the guy working there mentioned that I came too early.  I said "I'm going out of town and I'm willing to wait".  He was very nice and stamped my Appointment letter and gave me a number.   Overall I only spent 15 minutes waiting and 5 minutes Biometric finger printing and I saved 2 weeks.  I don't know if it matters but I did it anyway. :)

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. So I took your advice and printed mine and went today. My original biometric was Nov 6 n luckily they were ok with me coming in early. My status online adjusted to " we are proactively working on your case". What is your timeline online? Mine went from 16 months to 13 months. Is this accurate? Should we be happy? Lol. 

Mine went from 14 to 12 months, I'm not really sure if there's an advantage going early hahaha.  Just that getting over it, not waiting for the appointment for few weeks.

Again if you search the Timelines for every month, you will see that other Field office are faster than the other.   Unfortunately Seattle is very slow :(,  I don't put my expectation too high about getting or hearing an interview date soon.  So let's just enjoy life to the fullest while waiting for our Citizenship interview.

Cheers!

Cheers my friend! 

Hey. So I took your advice and printed mine and went today. My original biometric was Nov 6 n luckily they were ok with me coming in early. My status online adjusted to " we are proactively working on your case". What is your timeline online? Mine went from 16 months to 13 months. Is this accurate? Should we be happy? Lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an email today 11/9/2018 (4:00am) and I opened my USCIS account and it says: 

October 12, 2018

We reviewed your biometrics

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your application.

18 minutes ago, Lc cl said:

Mine says the same thing.  Filing time estimate changed to 12 mi the. What's more accurate. The online account estimate or the USCIS website?

I think the estimate is from USCIS, while  I’ve been checking every VJ monthly timelines ... as usual no progress in Seattle...

• 11 months later...

I received an email today 😊11.07.2019, that my interview is scheduled. It will take few days for the Interview letter appears on the Document Tab.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.