Titania

Will Expired Passport Hurt ROC? [split topic]

4 posts in this topic

Hi. Forgive me if I'm in the wrong thread. I just don't know where to post specifically. I just want to ask something. My conditional greencard will expire June 2019. I will file by March 2019 for removing. My passport will expire February 2019. Will my expired passport be okay? Or should I really renew it now? Thank you so much. 

14 minutes ago, Titania said:

Hi. Forgive me if I'm in the wrong thread. I just don't know where to post specifically. I just want to ask something. My conditional greencard will expire June 2019. I will file by March 2019 for removing. My passport will expire February 2019. Will my expired passport be okay? Or should I really renew it now? Thank you so much. 

You actually don't need passport for I-751 removal of condition application. 

You only need passport for travelling internationally, and if you are not planning on international travel, you don't need a passport.  But, I think it's a good idea to have a valid passport as your ID even within the US if needed somewhere, such as flying domestically or something, as your DL may expire with your conditional green card, until you renew it with NOA1.

Edited by shoemaker168

45 minutes ago, shoemaker168 said:

You actually don't need passport for I-751 removal of condition application. 

You only need passport for travelling internationally, and if you are not planning on international travel, you don't need a passport.  But, I think it's a good idea to have a valid passport as your ID even within the US if needed somewhere, such as flying domestically or something, as your DL may expire with your conditional green card, until you renew it with NOA1.

Hi. Thank you so much for your reply. Also, if I have an expired passport, will it affect their dicision to deny or approve my conditional greencard? It's just that our states right now is so far from all of my country embassies and we recently just have a baby. 😊

Filed: Timeline
34 minutes ago, Titania said:

Hi. Thank you so much for your reply. Also, if I have an expired passport, will it affect their dicision to deny or approve my conditional greencard? It's just that our states right now is so far from all of my country embassies and we recently just have a baby. 😊

I don't think expired passport will affect it. the proof of bonafide marriage is the most important.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.