kshelton

Issued

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

After a long process my wife's visa has been issued and is on it's way to us. We got married July 4, 2016, so she will receive the IR1 visa.

We sent original application to UCSIS and it was received on March 14, 2017. We got notice it was going to NVC in February 2018. We were slow in getting our paperwork to them (I travel back and forth to China a lot), so our case took a while at NVC. We got a notice at end of July that her case was sent to Guangzhou and that her interview was to be September 6. I got to spend a little over two weeks in the US then I came back here to China and we headed to Guangzhou with our paperwork. Her medical exam was a breeze and the interview was a breeze. We got a preliminary approval at the interview because of the alias record. She traveled to her hometown and got her alias record in the notarized white book, traveled back to Guangzhou and turned it on at the CITIC bank location by the consulate. All in all our case was in AP for about two weeks (consulate was closed for two holidays, including three days this week). She checked the CEAC site this morning and it has changed to issued.

Our case took a little longer because we weren't in such a hurry as I work here in China a lot, and we have a home here also. There is a significant age difference between us but when the officer saw how often I am here and that we have a home together it wasn't a problem at all.

The consulate in Guangzhou has been great. I know that I would not want to work there. Its crazy there every single day but they treat everyone with respect and they are very helpful. My hat is off to them!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 10/5/2018 at 10:30 AM, kshelton said:

After a long process my wife's visa has been issued and is on it's way to us. We got married July 4, 2016, so she will receive the IR1 visa.

We sent original application to UCSIS and it was received on March 14, 2017. We got notice it was going to NVC in February 2018. We were slow in getting our paperwork to them (I travel back and forth to China a lot), so our case took a while at NVC. We got a notice at end of July that her case was sent to Guangzhou and that her interview was to be September 6. I got to spend a little over two weeks in the US then I came back here to China and we headed to Guangzhou with our paperwork. Her medical exam was a breeze and the interview was a breeze. We got a preliminary approval at the interview because of the alias record. She traveled to her hometown and got her alias record in the notarized white book, traveled back to Guangzhou and turned it on at the CITIC bank location by the consulate. All in all our case was in AP for about two weeks (consulate was closed for two holidays, including three days this week). She checked the CEAC site this morning and it has changed to issued.

Our case took a little longer because we weren't in such a hurry as I work here in China a lot, and we have a home here also. There is a significant age difference between us but when the officer saw how often I am here and that we have a home together it wasn't a problem at all.

The consulate in Guangzhou has been great. I know that I would not want to work there. Its crazy there every single day but they treat everyone with respect and they are very helpful. My hat is off to them!

Congratulations 🎉🍾...Did you guys used the same police clearance that was send in I-129f? Because I already got the police clearance in January but i was wondering if i need to get new for p3?

Edited by AdeelNaz

Timeline
23 hours ago, AdeelNaz said:

Congratulations 🎉🍾...Did you guys used the same police clearance that was send in I-129f? Because I already got the police clearance in January but i was wondering if i need to get new for p3?

We went and got a new one because the one sent in to UCSIS was not the "white book" format. We didn't get an RFE for it during the UCSIS phase or the NVC phase but we knew we would need it for the interview.

• 6 months later...
Timeline
On 10/5/2018 at 10:30 AM, kshelton said:

Was your other original documents kept with the embassy till you got your passport back? I am in the same phase presently. Thanks

Timeline
On 4/28/2019 at 12:22 PM, Itstyme said:

Was your other original documents kept with the embassy till you got your passport back? I am in the same phase presently. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the consulate kept a lot of documents. You probably won't get most back. If you had to submit other documents it shouldn't take them long.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.