Billiedream

OPT receipt number invalid and USCIS unable to locate my application

2 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello all!

I applied for OPT on the 14th of September, got my notice of action saying that my application was received on the 17th of September and the notice date is the 21st of September.

I tried since then to check my case online with the receipt number but each time it comes back as invalid. I called USCIS to check if there was a mistake and the lady was unable to locate my case, even with my name/last name and date of birth. She transferred me to a USCIS officer who was also unable to pull out any information about my application. He gave me an email address to ask for further information.

I was pretty cool with the number not working because I saw it happens to a lot of people but the lady telling me she wasn't finding anything about my application got me a bit of stress. Did it ever happen to someone here ?

I sent an email to the address he provided but it says they can take up to 15 days to answer.

Thank you !

Edited by Billiedream

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Just to answer to this for those who are i the same case, I sent an email to the address they gave me, never got an answer but 3 days later I was able to check my case online.

I called to request to expedite my case, and the person told me I needed to be in a situation of "life or death" otherwise they don't accept expedite requests. I sent a letter to my service center hoping they will still expedite my case, since I meet one of the criteria listed on their website. I'm realistic though and know that immigration doesn't really care, but at least I'll have tried.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.