punter13

Naturalization delay due to name change at Dallas

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have one question that has been harrowing me ever since I had my naturalization interview in April 2018 at Dallas field office. Is it really necessary to submit 2 passport size photographs when you opt for name change? The reason being that I was never asked to submit 2 photos even though I said yes for name change. The interesting part is that I was once scheduled for judicial oath ceremony in July 2018 but it got de-scheduled by USCIS without any good reason given to me. I sure know for the fact that my area conducts judicial oath ceremony every month but still I was never placed in next available judicial oath ceremony.

I have seen so many people here on this forums who had to submit 2 photos while doing name change. So I am wondering did USCIS just miss the photograph part for me and hence the delay??

I did 2 infopasses for this issue already (still officers there do not know the reason for delay) and I was told that "Had USCIS needed anything, I would have gotten some mail for missing documents." Honestly I do not agree with that reasoning either because there were other people after me who opted for name change and are already US citizen. I still believe that 2 photo requirement caused all this stupid delay:bonk:

I really appreciate if anyone can chime in on this matter. Thanks!

P.S. At this point judicial oath ceremony/name change does not matter to me as I successfully withdrew my name change request and was able to push my name for administrative oath ceremony last week. I already got my oath letter for same!! So my journey is almost over :content:

Removal of Conditions
09/06/2016 Sent I-751 package to CSC

09/09/2016 USCIS received package
09/13/2016 Check cleared
09/15/2016 NOA1 hard copy. Date 09/09/2016

04/11/2018 Combo interview with N-400

05/10/2018 I-751 approved!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@JimmyHou Tagging you to get some insight. Thanks!

If anyone can share their experience?

Removal of Conditions
09/06/2016 Sent I-751 package to CSC

09/09/2016 USCIS received package
09/13/2016 Check cleared
09/15/2016 NOA1 hard copy. Date 09/09/2016

04/11/2018 Combo interview with N-400

05/10/2018 I-751 approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.