2 posts in this topic

good day! I recently had my interview at USCIS to adjust my status, I updated my name upon inteview I submitted a court order for my name chance, also also I gave them a letter from my doctor to proceed  to update my gender from male to female. how ever i rerived a RFE letter today that i need to submit a new birth certificate  from my home country where I adjust my gender status. however I havent adjust my gender status in phillines cause we dont have law that I can adjust my gender status. now  I am stressed how to reply the RFE letter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
20 minutes ago, hanna234 said:

now  I am stressed how to reply the RFE letter.

IMO you can try responding to the RFE with an explanation and reference to Sections 1 and 2 of Republic Act No. 9048:

SECTION 1. Authority to Correct Clerical or Typographical Error and Change of First Name or Nickname - No entry in a civil register shall be changed or corrected without a judicial order, except for clerical or typographical errors and change of first name or nickname which can be corrected or changed by the concerned city or municipal civil registrar or consul general in accordance with the provisions of this Act and its implementing rules and regulations.

SECTION 2. Definition of Terms - As used in this Act, the following terms shall mean:

1. "City or Municipal civil registrar" refers to the head of the local civil registry office of the city or municipality, as the case may be, who is appointed as such by the city or municipal mayor in accordance with the provisions of existing laws.
  2. "Petitioner" refers to a natural person filing the petition and who has direct and personal interest in the correction of a clerical or typographical error in an entry or change of first name or nickname in the civil register.
  3. "Clerical or typographical error" refers to a mistake committed in the performance of clerical work in writing, copying, transcribing or typing an entry in the civil register that is harmless and innocuous, such as misspelled name or misspelled place of birth or the like, which is visible to the eyes or obvious to the understanding, and can be corrected or changed only by reference to other existing record or records: Provided, however, That no correction must involve the change of nationality, age, status or sex of the petitioner.
  4. "Civil Register" refers to the various registry books and related certificates and documents kept in the archives of the local civil registry offices, Philippine Consulates and of the Office of the Civil Registrar General.
  5. "Civil registrar general" refers to the Administrator of the National Statistics Office which is the agency mandated to carry out and administer the provision of laws on civil registration.
  6. "First name" refers to a name or nickname given to a person which may consist of one or more names in addition to the middle and last names.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.