Jump to content

RFE gender status

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

good day! I recently had my interview at USCIS to adjust my status, I updated my name upon inteview I submitted a court order for my name chance, also also I gave them a letter from my doctor to proceed  to update my gender from male to female. how ever i rerived a RFE letter today that i need to submit a new birth certificate  from my home country where I adjust my gender status. however I havent adjust my gender status in phillines cause we dont have law that I can adjust my gender status. now  I am stressed how to reply the RFE letter.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hanna234 said:

now  I am stressed how to reply the RFE letter.

IMO you can try responding to the RFE with an explanation and reference to Sections 1 and 2 of Republic Act No. 9048:


SECTION 1. Authority to Correct Clerical or Typographical Error and Change of First Name or Nickname - No entry in a civil register shall be changed or corrected without a judicial order, except for clerical or typographical errors and change of first name or nickname which can be corrected or changed by the concerned city or municipal civil registrar or consul general in accordance with the provisions of this Act and its implementing rules and regulations.


SECTION 2. Definition of Terms - As used in this Act, the following terms shall mean:

  1. "City or Municipal civil registrar" refers to the head of the local civil registry office of the city or municipality, as the case may be, who is appointed as such by the city or municipal mayor in accordance with the provisions of existing laws.
  2. "Petitioner" refers to a natural person filing the petition and who has direct and personal interest in the correction of a clerical or typographical error in an entry or change of first name or nickname in the civil register.
  3. "Clerical or typographical error" refers to a mistake committed in the performance of clerical work in writing, copying, transcribing or typing an entry in the civil register that is harmless and innocuous, such as misspelled name or misspelled place of birth or the like, which is visible to the eyes or obvious to the understanding, and can be corrected or changed only by reference to other existing record or records: Provided, however, That no correction must involve the change of nationality, age, status or sex of the petitioner.
  4. "Civil Register" refers to the various registry books and related certificates and documents kept in the archives of the local civil registry offices, Philippine Consulates and of the Office of the Civil Registrar General.
  5. "Civil registrar general" refers to the Administrator of the National Statistics Office which is the agency mandated to carry out and administer the provision of laws on civil registration.
  6. "First name" refers to a name or nickname given to a person which may consist of one or more names in addition to the middle and last names.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.