Jump to content

please i need help on answering the questions in I-864 form for my spouse and child

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello every one, i would really appreciate it if you could help me with my Affidavit of Support petition.




My husband is a US citizen by birth, he filed an I-130 petitions for me (his wife) and our child ( 1 year old baby boy) the petitions got approved and on their way to the NVC, we started on Affidavit of Support forms to get a head start.


I have two questions


My First question is the USCIS online account number the same as the USCIS case number and my Second question is how to answer part 3 of Affidavit of Support I-864 the information about the immigrant your are sponsoring


In part 3 I am Confused which answer should i choose, since i am the principle immigrant and our child is the secondary immigrant, should i mention our child as a family member and choose option number 2 (as shown below) even though its written that we shouldn’t include any relative listed on a separate visa petition and our child has a separate Affidavit of Support (I-864 W).

If anyone has faced the same situation please share with me your experience in filing  out this petition. your help would be greatly appreciated






1. I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2.

Yes                 No (Applicable only if you are sponsoring family members in Part 3. as the second joint sponsor or if you are sponsoring family members who are immigrating more than six months after the principal immigrant)

2. I am sponsoring the following family members immigrating at the same time or within six months of the principal immigrant named in Part 2. (Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition.)


thanks in advance…..

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your husband has been a USC since birth, I'm wondering why your child is not a USC. Where is your husband now and how many years of his entire life has he lived in the USA? 


If your child is a USC, he doesn't need a visa. 






Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, that makes sense. So, the USCIS online account number is not the same as the case number. Most don't have an online account number at this stage so you can leave that blank if you don't have one.


You do not include the child on your I-864. You complete a separate I-864W for him. 






Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.