3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We needed a joint sponsor (and found one (L) ) because my spouse didn't make enough money to cover the poverty guidelines.

My spouse has filled out a affidavit of support anyway. Should she include her W2's and paystubs etc in the AOS package, even though she obviously doesn't make enough to meet the poverty guidelines?

Or, should we only include the w2's and paystubs of the sponsor that does meet (and exceed) the poverty guidelines?

Thanks for any help :thumbs:

Edited by HolyMoly

Filed: Timeline

You should probably include everything with your spouse as well as the I-864 says that the sponsor should provide it as well and doesnt say they should not if not meeting the guidelines. I believe your spouse would still have to prove whatever income he still makes.

Edited by Stina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, your spouse needs to include all the details that are requested -- the W2s, pay stubs, proof of one (or three) years' tax returns or tax transcripts, letter of employment, and the like. The joint sponsor also completes the I-864 and supplies this information. Regardless of whether or not the income is sufficient, the USC spouse should do this.

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.