gurutogo

K1 in Bogota - ¿Qué deberíamos saber? - What should we know?

3 posts in this topic

Procesaremos nuestra visa K1 y entrevista a través del Consolate de Bogotá. ¿Qué consideraciones especiales deberíamos hacer para esta entrevista y aprobación? My Fiance también trae a su hijo de 10 años con la visa K2. Por ejemplo, entiendo que en Colombia es necesario presentar 1 formulando I-134 por persona (uno para prometida y otro para su hijo) con todos los documentos de respaldo para ambas aplicaciones, ¿es correcto? También entiendo que hay una carta específica necesaria para obtener permiso para que su hijo sea elegible para la visa K2. ¿Algo que deberíamos saber es especial para la entrevista? Qué sugerencias o comentarios le gustaría compartir sería muy apreciado.  ¡Gracias!

We will process our K1 visa and interview through the Consolate of Bogotá. What special considerations should we make for this interview and approval? My Fiance also brings her 10-year-old son with the K2 visa. For example, I understand that in Colombia it is necessary to submit 1 form I-134 per person (one for fiancé and one for your child) with all the supporting documents for both applications, is that correct? I also understand that there is a specific letter necessary to obtain permission for your child to be eligible for the K2 visa. Something we should know is special for the interview? What suggestions or comments you would like to share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by gurutogo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Most of the information relating to the Bogota embassy is located in the Colombia portal. There is a lot of good information in this portal.  I'm not 100% positive about the I-134f but I believe only one form is needed because you list the children of the beneficiary on the form. And in regards to the permission of the child, you will need an (autorizacion para salir del pais a menor) from the notary in Colombia. The father of the child will need to sign this form. The notarized form is valid for 3 months

On 9/18/2018 at 5:44 PM, medicpd4078 said:

Most of the information relating to the Bogota embassy is located in the Colombia portal. There is a lot of good information in this portal.  I'm not 100% positive about the I-134f but I believe only one form is needed because you list the children of the beneficiary on the form. And in regards to the permission of the child, you will need an (autorizacion para salir del pais a menor) from the notary in Colombia. The father of the child will need to sign this form. The notarized form is valid for 3 months

Thank you for the prompt reply. The portal (which I didn't know about) has provided me with already useful information that has avoided possible delays in our approval. I did not have certified copies of my divorce decree but that is clearly specified in the instructions from the Bogota Consolate so I have those now in hand. Thanks again! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.