2 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello everyone.

8 August was our interview and we attend me, my little brother and my mother. Everything went fine, but there were marriage and police certificate expired and consul gave us for that 221g pink paper. We collect that documents the same day and submit them all. Around 2 weeks later we received the letter from the embassy, they told us that they also need F2B retention latter. Fortunately our lawyer had that document, but she was on voccation and she didn't send that letter 5 day,  but 5 days later she did. When I logging in on caec.state.gov it says that last update was on 21 august. I'm worry our case will be still F2B or they will change the status on F1?

If someone had the same situation or if you know anything about this situation, please explain me: aproximately howlong time need for answer and will they leave the case on F2B?

Thanks for attention.

Untitled.png

In my interview, the consular officer told me that my petitioner is a citizen now, and she asked me if I want to keep my F2B status.

I said yes and she gave me an F2B form to sign, then she said my case was approved. After 4 days, my visa was issued

Because the consular in your interview did not ask you to sign that form, so you have to send a letter to confirm that you agree to keep your F2B status, and will not against them for that (like you change your mind later and want to move to F1).

If you send the F2B retention (Opt out) letter with your signature to the embassy, you can wait until they review your letter. 

We do not know how long of the Administrative processing time, so what you can do now is waiting and checking your case status online.

Every 2 weeks, you can call or send email to the embassy to check their progress, and what else do they want from you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.