Amina_KSA

DCF still possible?

16 posts in this topic

Salaam,

Thank you SO MUCH!!! It's SOOO nice to know that we are not the only ones trying to do this from Riyadh.

We're wondering about the police record from any country you've ever lived in thing....my husband went to graduate school in Holland and the Netherlands happens to be one of the few countries which sends the records directly to the embassy. So, we are not sure how to do that...like when do we contact Holland and do we have to give them a file number to reference at the US Embassy?

i think your husband must get a police clearance from any country he has a legal residency for more than six months

he seems to be any egyption, i think you can call the embassy of egypt here in riyadh and ask them about this issue

about holland im sorry, i cant give you a full answer but also you can call the Holland embassy in riyadh and ask them for Police clearance

good luck

Rome,

Sorry to bother you..just another question if you don't mind.

Another member of this forum just brought it to my attention that people can only file an I-130 in the same country that they were married in. I was under the impression that you can file from any country as long as you are a legal resident of that country (in this case, have a Saudi Iqama, etc)...My husband and I were married in Egypt, but we were definitely under the impression that we could apply at the Embassy in the DQ here in Riyadh. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Emily

Another question, SO SORRY..someone pull the plug on my computer, I know!

On the G-325A form it says to hand in all copies of the form filled out...there are 4 pages which print out, yet we only need to 2...do we hand in only two, or do we hand in all 4 with two blank? Also, when it continually asks for my husband's address do we list his current address in KSA or his perm. address in Egypt???

And, on the G-325A, I fill out one and he fills out one...yet essentially aside from whose name goes first, both forms are the same since the "applicant" (him) is the same on both forms, is that correct?

And ONE LAST THING...on the G-325A it asks for his alien registration number, he doesn't have one...so what do we do?

Dear Amina

Approval of filling I-130 petition in a post where you have a legal residency (KSA Iqama) is up to that post.

If they agrred to recieve your application, it'a a matter depend on many factors

like legal residency, number of applications the are processing, and others

the right thing that you have to do is to send an email to the immigration unit in the Us embassy- riyadh

if they said yes we can take ur case, so good luck , if not then you have to go back to egypt and apply from there

About G-325a form, you have to fill in the 4 pages for yourself and another 4 pages for your husband

page 1 till 4 have the same information for each of you

because each page will be sent for some immigration unit, whether in the us embassy or CIS units

as i told you before , if you have an Acrobat Reader you just open form G-325a and fill your information in the first page and dont worry about the other three pages because the system will automatically fill it out just because the 4 pages have the same categories so the same informations are needed

about A number just type N/A " Not Applicable", because your husband hasn't aa A Number Yet

in other words type N/A for any category that is anot applied for you .

good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.