AnneiyAndJacky

please help me again guys!!! im really getting confuse now

5 posts in this topic

Im so sorry to bother u guys If i keep asking questions here... *sigh* I was wondering if any of you have any idea or advice for me. Right now me and my husband got two qualified people who’s willing to co-sponsor and we don’t know which one to choose of if we can turn in both.

The fires well-qualified person is my husband’s cousin from Mom side. She’s a teacher at a middle school for 4 years now, and earning like $44k. She has neither dependents nor any other financial liabilities. The other one is my mother in law. After the incident (my interview), her boss is very willing to help by give her a raise since she has been working there for 6 years. So my mother in law now makes $36k now instead of $30k. Last time the CO was not happy to see my Mother in law makes only $30k. And I know it’s $30,162 for 5-dependent poverty line.

My husband got a job now at the beginning of May. But because He’s still being paid by hourly not salary, his income is mostly not going to pass $17,112 poverty line for two people. It’s at the borderline.

My question is…Should I turn in my Cousin in law’s package at the Embassy first then bring my mother in law 3- month pay slips and Employer letter on the New Interview day along with my husband’s even he’s still not making enough??

Or should I turn in Both my Cousin in law’s and my mother in law’s package at the same time to the Embassy and then bring my husband’s on the new interview day?

Of course it looks like the cousin is best bcuz she got the highest income. But she’s not as close as a mother in law. How can we assure or make CO comfortable to believe that the cousin would make the resources available to sponsor like she said. The mother in law living in the same house of course is much closer. But she only makes 6k more than the required poverty line.

I don’t know if it’s truth that we can only pick one co-sponsor, unlike I-864 you can do more. Are the CO gonna get mad if we give him two for him to choose? If not this way, what if he asks me, “How would I know this is your cousin-in law?” It’s very difficult to document this since it’s from my husband mom side so they got different last name. all we got are some pics for the past 7 years showing that they really been through a lot os things together and been to many events together. The birth certificate does not show how cousins are really related by blood. Any ideas would help. Thank you.

K3 VISA:

09/20/06 - I-130 Sent

10/03/06 - I-129F sent.

10/10/06- I-129F NOA1

11/28/06 - BOTH I-129F & I-130 approved!!!!

12/27/06 - NVC Left case no. assigned MNL 200685XXXX

01/26/07 - Received Packet 3

02/27/07 - Received Packet 4

03/01-02/07 - Done with my Medical Appointment at St. Lukes

04/17/07 - Interview at U.S Embassy - got the blue slip..on AR

07/05/07 - Went back to US Embassy submitted new affidavit of support for my K3, we'll wait for decision, still on AR

07/24/07 - OMG!!!! I cant believe it I got my K3 Visa in hand!!!

08/09/07 - Arrival in the U.S - POE at LAX

AOS:

08/27/07 - Sent AOS and EAD

08/29/07 - Chicago Lockbox received both AOS and EAD

09/18/07 - Checks cashed 09/21/07 - NOA on both AOS and EAD

09/27/07 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

10/18/07 - Biometrics

10/19/07 - Received RFE

10/26/07 - USCIS received the response to our RFE

11/05/07 - EAD Card Production ordered

11/16/07 - EAD Card received

11/26/07 - Received interview notice

01/25/08 - Interview Date!!!! APPROVED!!!

04/18/08 - At long last! GC Card production ordered

04/21/08 - Email noticed welcome letter

04/23/08 - Email card production again

04/25/08 - Welcome Letter received

04/30/08 - Greencard received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

I know you have already gone to the embassy and they wern't happy with what you brought. But if I remember correctly, last time, your husband was not working at all and your MIL could not show sufficient income for all the people in the house. At that time your husband was also living with MIL. (correct me if I'm wrong)

So, as far as chosing the second sponsor, it doesn't matter if the person is related to the USC or not. They will not be the primary petitioner, so there aren't the same family requirements. From the information I have gathered from Embassy staff in Barbados is that they do look at the likelyhood the sponsor will actually kick in any money if needed. So in that light, a more distant relative is not as desirable.

The I-134 doesn't have any place to combine income for people living in the same house, but the I-864 does (a separate form to report this). So it seems like it might be safe using the MIL with a newly raised income on her own form. Also, your huband would have to fill out a form by himself regardless of the income he makes. I can't say whether the Embassy WILL or WILL NOT accept this, but it seems to meet the implied criteria of the I-134.

I hope this helps....but I would still consult others, and maybe an attorney with exprience with your countries Embassy.

Sue

Edited by GrenadianCrix

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

I know you have already gone to the embassy and they wern't happy with what you brought. But if I remember correctly, last time, your husband was not working at all and your MIL could not show sufficient income for all the people in the house. At that time your husband was also living with MIL. (correct me if I'm wrong)

So, as far as chosing the second sponsor, it doesn't matter if the person is related to the USC or not. They will not be the primary petitioner, so there aren't the same family requirements. From the information I have gathered from Embassy staff in Barbados is that they do look at the likelyhood the sponsor will actually kick in any money if needed. So in that light, a more distant relative is not as desirable.

The I-134 doesn't have any place to combine income for people living in the same house, but the I-864 does (a separate form to report this). So it seems like it might be safe using the MIL with a newly raised income on her own form. Also, your huband would have to fill out a form by himself regardless of the income he makes. I can't say whether the Embassy WILL or WILL NOT accept this, but it seems to meet the implied criteria of the I-134.

I hope this helps....but I would still consult others, and maybe an attorney with exprience with your countries Embassy.

Sue

OIC!!! so should I submit my MIL updated income together with my hubby's income then?! im just worried bcuz her new income is only $36k,it's just a few thousands higher to borderline???? *sigh*

K3 VISA:

09/20/06 - I-130 Sent

10/03/06 - I-129F sent.

10/10/06- I-129F NOA1

11/28/06 - BOTH I-129F & I-130 approved!!!!

12/27/06 - NVC Left case no. assigned MNL 200685XXXX

01/26/07 - Received Packet 3

02/27/07 - Received Packet 4

03/01-02/07 - Done with my Medical Appointment at St. Lukes

04/17/07 - Interview at U.S Embassy - got the blue slip..on AR

07/05/07 - Went back to US Embassy submitted new affidavit of support for my K3, we'll wait for decision, still on AR

07/24/07 - OMG!!!! I cant believe it I got my K3 Visa in hand!!!

08/09/07 - Arrival in the U.S - POE at LAX

AOS:

08/27/07 - Sent AOS and EAD

08/29/07 - Chicago Lockbox received both AOS and EAD

09/18/07 - Checks cashed 09/21/07 - NOA on both AOS and EAD

09/27/07 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

10/18/07 - Biometrics

10/19/07 - Received RFE

10/26/07 - USCIS received the response to our RFE

11/05/07 - EAD Card Production ordered

11/16/07 - EAD Card received

11/26/07 - Received interview notice

01/25/08 - Interview Date!!!! APPROVED!!!

04/18/08 - At long last! GC Card production ordered

04/21/08 - Email noticed welcome letter

04/23/08 - Email card production again

04/25/08 - Welcome Letter received

04/30/08 - Greencard received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

Have them both fill out their own individual forms, gather needed documentation, get them notarized separately etc.

for example, I am the USC, I don't make enough money to sponsor my fiance myself. Therefore I am filing an I-134 but I also have a relative filing an additional I-134. Both of these forms will be brought to the Embassy interview with my fiance.

I can't speak for your Embassy, but it sounds like your husband is close, but your MIL does meet the implied criteria of 125% poverty line income. So that is very likely to make them happy.

Good Luck

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: Timeline

AnneiyAndJacky,

Sponsorship for a K visa is a highly subjective issue. Take everything you've got to the consulate organized into 3 packages one each for the 3 people offering to sponsor you - your husband, your mother-in-law, and his cousin. The consular officer will evaluate what your possible sponsors and make a determination.

Yodrak

Im so sorry to bother u guys If i keep asking questions here... *sigh* I was wondering if any of you have any idea or advice for me. Right now me and my husband got two qualified people who's willing to co-sponsor and we don't know which one to choose of if we can turn in both.

The fires well-qualified person is my husband's cousin from Mom side. She's a teacher at a middle school for 4 years now, and earning like $44k. She has neither dependents nor any other financial liabilities. The other one is my mother in law. After the incident (my interview), her boss is very willing to help by give her a raise since she has been working there for 6 years. So my mother in law now makes $36k now instead of $30k. Last time the CO was not happy to see my Mother in law makes only $30k. And I know it's $30,162 for 5-dependent poverty line.

My husband got a job now at the beginning of May. But because He's still being paid by hourly not salary, his income is mostly not going to pass $17,112 poverty line for two people. It's at the borderline.

My question is…Should I turn in my Cousin in law's package at the Embassy first then bring my mother in law 3- month pay slips and Employer letter on the New Interview day along with my husband's even he's still not making enough??

Or should I turn in Both my Cousin in law's and my mother in law's package at the same time to the Embassy and then bring my husband's on the new interview day?

Of course it looks like the cousin is best bcuz she got the highest income. But she's not as close as a mother in law. How can we assure or make CO comfortable to believe that the cousin would make the resources available to sponsor like she said. The mother in law living in the same house of course is much closer. But she only makes 6k more than the required poverty line.

I don't know if it's truth that we can only pick one co-sponsor, unlike I-864 you can do more. Are the CO gonna get mad if we give him two for him to choose? If not this way, what if he asks me, "How would I know this is your cousin-in law?" It's very difficult to document this since it's from my husband mom side so they got different last name. all we got are some pics for the past 7 years showing that they really been through a lot os things together and been to many events together. The birth certificate does not show how cousins are really related by blood. Any ideas would help. Thank you.

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.