Mdanish4

Medical Examination Issue, Lahore, Pakistan

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello, 

My wife has her visa interview scheduled for 8/8/18. She went to get her medical examination done in Lahore, Pakistan on 7/21/18. They told her that her examination results would be available same by 7pm.

The clinic called her in the evening of 7/21/18 telling her that in her chest x-ray they noticed something. They asked her to come back to the clinic for further testing where she would have to go into the clinic for three days in a row and provide mucus samples for TB testing. Mucus testing for TB is done for active TB, however, my wife has ZERO symptoms of TB. The mucus testing for TB takes anywhere between 1 to 8 weeks, they are telling my wife it will take 2 months for the results to come back and they will send the result to embassy directly.

Has anyone else experience this? What do we do? The clinic hasn't told anything else to her and we are panicking now. What will happen to the interview that she has scheduled for next month? Will they reschedule it? How would they reschedule it? Will we have to contact embassy or the clinic will contact them?

Could we get a medical examination done at another approved clinic? And ask for faster results?

Any suggestions or information here would be extremely appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

Hello, 

My wife has her visa interview scheduled for 8/8/18. She went to get her medical examination done in Lahore, Pakistan on 7/21/18. They told her that her examination results would be available same by 7pm.

The clinic called her in the evening of 7/21/18 telling her that in her chest x-ray they noticed something. They asked her to come back to the clinic for further testing where she would have to go into the clinic for three days in a row and provide mucus samples for TB testing. Mucus testing for TB is done for active TB, however, my wife has ZERO symptoms of TB. The mucus testing for TB takes anywhere between 1 to 8 weeks, they are telling my wife it will take 2 months for the results to come back and they will send the result to embassy directly.

Has anyone else experience this? What do we do? The clinic hasn't told anything else to her and we are panicking now. What will happen to the interview that she has scheduled for next month? Will they reschedule it? How would they reschedule it? Will we have to contact embassy or the clinic will contact them?

Could we get a medical examination done at another approved clinic? And ask for faster results?

Any suggestions or information here would be extremely appreciated.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you guys, I have a personal friend that went through exactly the same issue. The first thing is to make an appointment with her regular doctor, have her explain the situation so they can do some test and figure out what could be wrong.

In my friend's case, the results for TB were negative, he did have to wait serval weeks for those to be sent to the embassy and yes you probably are going to have to reschedule, please contact the embassy.  There are a few reasons why the X-Ray could show something, especially if the person is a smoker or has had pneumonia in the past.  Don't be scared and have her talk to her doctor.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Malik21 said:

that sounds worrisome. I have my medical exam on the 2nd in wilcare, Lahore. I smoke occasionally. really worried. what are you doing now?

Just waiting to go to WILCARE again on the 26th to ask further instructions/information. What i am worried about is that i dont know if my wife has to go to the interview or it will be rescheduled..

For you its best if you go and get your chest Xray done locally and see if you have any abnormalities showing on the xray.. that way you will be ready beforehand.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello good morning, my husband and I are going exactly trough the same ting  his interview was postponed he was supposed to have his interview on June 23 as well down in Juarez but because if his X-rays showing a dork spot he as well his to go back 3 days in a row to leave mucus samples, and now will have to wait till aguat 30th fo ethe reaults then 2 weeks later they send the results to the counsulate and the they schedule a new interview that wat my husband was told, so we have to wait till further notice and he has to wait it out in his contry.. it’s extremely difficult not knowing when the next interview is going to be set, so your not alone please have faith that all will be ok 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Sandraher said:

Hello good morning, my husband and I are going exactly trough the same ting  his interview was postponed he was supposed to have his interview on June 23 as well down in Juarez but because if his X-rays showing a dork spot he as well his to go back 3 days in a row to leave mucus samples, and now will have to wait till aguat 30th fo ethe reaults then 2 weeks later they send the results to the counsulate and the they schedule a new interview that wat my husband was told, so we have to wait till further notice and he has to wait it out in his contry.. it’s extremely difficult not knowing when the next interview is going to be set, so your not alone please have faith that all will be ok 

Thank you very much @Sandraher. May i ask, how was you notified about the interview being postponed? I mean, did embassy contacted you guys?

Edited by Mdanish4

Timeline

Hi there so the same day that he had his medical appointment they told him that he had to come back later that day, when he when back they told him they needed to do more testing because there was something in his X-rays and they said that his interview was canceled until futherr notice.. and that he had to come back 3 consecutive days to leave flem samples, the results would come back on August 30th after 2 weeks they send The results to the consulate, then the couselate makes a new interview appointment..      on the 3rd day is when they really explain things to my husband 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 7/24/2018 at 11:08 PM, Sandraher said:

Hi there so the same day that he had his medical appointment they told him that he had to come back later that day, when he when back they told him they needed to do more testing because there was something in his X-rays and they said that his interview was canceled until futherr notice.. and that he had to come back 3 consecutive days to leave flem samples, the results would come back on August 30th after 2 weeks they send The results to the consulate, then the couselate makes a new interview appointment..      on the 3rd day is when they really explain things to my husband 

Hello, did your husband's result came out yet? When did it come out? What happened then? Please guide

Timeline

Good morning, on August 30 is when he was told he could callded the medical clinic, so he did and his results came back normal, thank goodness he is ok. They tell you the exsact date that you can call them. the next time that he can call is the cosulate after September 21 that’s if we have not gotten a new interview date by then, Now we have till September 21 to hear back from the Mexican consulate to re-schedule a new interview.. it’s  a waiting game, in the mean time my husband has been in Mexico since June and we don’t have a date to when he can came back home yet.. this is extremely hard and frustrating 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sandraher said:

Good morning, on August 30 is when he was told he could callded the medical clinic, so he did and his results came back normal, thank goodness he is ok. They tell you the exsact date that you can call them. the next time that he can call is the cosulate after September 21 that’s if we have not gotten a new interview date by then, Now we have till September 21 to hear back from the Mexican consulate to re-schedule a new interview.. it’s  a waiting game, in the mean time my husband has been in Mexico since June and we don’t have a date to when he can came back home yet.. this is extremely hard and frustrating 

Wow. Yes it is really hard. They told my wife fhat she can expect her results after 42 days which was September the 9th. We called on September 11th and they told us to wait until whole 2 months and that we can expect a call from the medical center someday at the ens of September. By the book here 8 weeks will be completed on the 23rd of September. We are just hoping that the results doesn't take longer than that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.