• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

chojna,

Yes, it does.

And I'm not sorry if my repetitiveness irritates anyone but this does illustrate why I suggest a consultation with an immigration attorney to review the facts of a person's case. You asked me earlier in this thread for examples. This little fact, not mentioned up until now, makes a difference in how a question is answered. Not a big difference for this fact - the USCIS is going to recognize that you are a naturalized citizen and will be able to dig up your case anyway, but having your A# may make doing that a bit easier. A lawyer will know what questions to ask to uncover any facts that may make a more significant difference.

Yodrak

Dr_LHA,

Not if they are a naturalized citizen.

Yodrak

i-130 form question

#10) on citizen side - what is the Alien registration # ?

N/A or "None".

Yodark - i become US citizen thru green card process ...is that change Dr_LHA answer ?

Edited by Yodrak

chojna,

Yes, it does.

And I'm not sorry if my repetitiveness irritates anyone but this does illustrate why I suggest a consultation with an immigration attorney to review the facts of a person's case. You asked me earlier in this thread for examples. This little fact, not mentioned up until now, makes a difference in how a question is answered. Not a big difference for this fact - the USCIS is going to recognize that you are a naturalized citizen and will be able to dig up your case anyway, but having your A# may make doing that a bit easier. A lawyer will know what questions to ask to uncover any facts that may make a more significant difference.

Yodrak

:thumbs:

Dammit, I was going to ask if you were a naturalised citizen as well! This is why I'm not a lawyer.

All advice I give on this board is based on the facts presented. That said, I believe that the answer I gave (i.e. "None") would not cause issues. Really that part of the form is for LPRs who are petitioning for relatives, not US citizens.

Dr_LHA,

When the facts presented are insufficient to answer the question isn't it prudent to ask for the missing information before answering?

I agree that this particular item would not cause issues (and said as much in my post).

How do you figure that this part of the form is for LPRs and does not apply to citizens as well?

Yodrak

chojna,

Yes, it does.

Yodrak

Dammit, I was going to ask if you were a naturalised citizen as well! This is why I'm not a lawyer.

All advice I give on this board is based on the facts presented. That said, I believe that the answer I gave (i.e. "None") would not cause issues. Really that part of the form is for LPRs who are petitioning for relatives, not US citizens.

Dr_LHA,

When the facts presented are insufficient to answer the question isn't it prudent to ask for the missing information before answering?

I agree that this particular item would not cause issues (and said as much in my post).

How do you figure that this part of the form is for LPRs and does not apply to citizens as well?

Yodrak

chojna,

Yes, it does.

Yodrak

Hold on guys...

IM US CITIZEN who become US CITIZEN thru naturalization (green card process) ...so i need to know what i should put in the #10 of i-130 ...

im sure lawyer will help (yodark) but we have forums like this one to get some helpful info from people whu went tru same stuff

also - im sure some one here (on VJ) who went thru same process of naturazation will know the ansfer

chojna,

The question asks for your A#. You have an A#. Answer the question accordingly, same as you would any other question.

Yodrak

Hold on guys...

IM US CITIZEN who become US CITIZEN thru naturalization (green card process) ...so i need to know what i should put in the #10 of i-130 ...

chojna,

The question asks for your A#. You have an A#. Answer the question accordingly, same as you would any other question.

Yodrak

Hold on guys...

THx for respond Yodark ...where i can find this # ? on my certicificate of naturalization or something else? im not sure

chojna,

I don't know where you might find it on the paperwork you might have from your naturalization or prior. I can tell you that the first digit is the letter 'A', followed by either 8 or 9 numeric digits (if 9 the first is a 0).

Yodrak

THx for respond Yodark ...where i can find this # ? on my certicificate of naturalization or something else? im not sure

chojna,

I don't know where you might find it on the paperwork you might have from your naturalization or prior. I can tell you that the first digit is the letter 'A', followed by either 8 or 9 numeric digits (if 9 the first is a 0).

Yodrak

i think its on the certificate of naturalization ....there are two numbers on :one the top and one below ..the top one is the certificate number i guess(in red) and the one below starts with a letter A ..any way i will doublle check all my paper work from past to see if i can find anything

Edited by chojna

A naturalized citizen is no longer an alien, so why would their previous alien number be relevant to the I-130?

I'll admit I'm guessing here. I can't find any evidence to say what you should put here as a naturalized USC. However I-130 is used for LPRs to petition their relatives, so I would say that is why they ask for A#.

Edited by Dr_LHA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

A naturalized citizen is no longer an alien, so why would their previous alien number be relevant to the I-130?

I'll admit I'm guessing here. I can't find any evidence to say what you should put here as a naturalized USC. However I-130 is used for LPRs to petition their relatives, so I would say that is why they ask for A#.

My husband is naturalized and his A# is on his Naturalization certificate. Therefore, I think that the A# is still valid even though they are a USC now.

AOS

AOS Package received in Chicago 4-25-07 (Day 1)

NOA 1 5-01-07 (Day 7)

Cheque Cashed 5-02-07 (Day 8)

Touched 5-04-07 (Day 10)

Biometrics Appointment 5-18-07 (Day 26)

Touched 5-21-07 (Day 29)

Transferred to CSC e-mail 5-25-07 (Day 33)

Touched 5-28-07 (Day 36)

Touched again...feels niiiice! 5-29-07 (Day 37)

Notice of CSC transfer via reg mail 6-01-07 (Day 40)

Touched; 'pending @ CSC' e-mail 6-07-07 (Day 46)

Touched 6-08-07 (Day 47)

Touched 6-10-07 (Day 49)

Touched 6-19-07 (Day 58)

Touched 6-20-07 (Day 59)

Touched 8-31-07 & 9-3-07

Card Production Ordered 10-01-07

Welcome Notice Sent 10-02-07

Lifting of Conditions

Sent 7/13/09

Received at CSC 7/14/09

NOA Receieved (Dated 7/14) 7/18/09

Biometrics Appointment 8/12/09

Touched 8/13/09

My husband is naturalized and his A# is on his Naturalization certificate. Therefore, I think that the A# is still valid even though they are a USC now.

I think you are right...otherwise this A# will not be on the certificate of naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.