Ms kj

Please help

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Guys!

I had my CR1 interview in Lagos on the 7th of June. 

It went smooth. The CO asked more about me and my job and education history and i was approved. I was given the usual 2 white papers and asked to pick up y visa in 5 business days. The following 2 days my status on CEAC didn't change from READY so i thought since it weekend maybe money morning it will change.

On the 11th of June i received an email from the consulate asking me to send an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), all the research i have participated in, all my academic publications, all the courses i have taken and will take next semester. They also stated that my passport will be return while my case will be placed on administrative processing which will take at most 90 days and if we do not hear from them after 90 days, we should email the consulate.

NB!! I am currently pursuing a PhD in Biomechanical engineering in Saint Petersburg, Russia. I also worked as a research assistant in Abu Dhabi 

The following day June 13th, i collected my passport and dropped off all requested documents at DHL office where i got my passport. 

Meanwhile, my status on CEAC didn't change until the 19th of June from READY to ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. There was no activity on my page on CEAC until last 2 days ago. The last updated date changed to 25th of June but the status remained the same.

Following numerous reads i think i was TAL (technology alert list). 

Has anyone here ever gone through this? How long did it last? What does the date change mean?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.