KDMG12

San Antonio Judicial Oath Ceremonies

35 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how often the San Antonio local office conducts judicial oath ceremonies? When my husband attended his N-400 interview, I overheard a USCIS official say that the new oath ceremony room at the SA office allows them to conduct two oath ceremonies a month (primarily judicial). If you have had your oath ceremony in San Antonio (or Austin)- I'd love to know if it was judicial or administrative. :) 

My husband was de-scheduled for his ceremony (which should have been today). I'm just having a hard time accepting it. I wish I had read more about the name change process. I didn't realize it could cause such a delay. Now I'm worried that's why he was de-scheduled. Maybe it was an USCIS oversight and a judge wasn't presiding over this ceremony? Guess I'm back to being paranoid until the actual oath ceremony happens. :( 

Wishing all of your luck on your immigration journeys.

• 3 months later...
On 6/16/2018 at 4:09 AM, KDMG12 said:

Does anyone know how often the San Antonio local office conducts judicial oath ceremonies? When my husband attended his N-400 interview, I overheard a USCIS official say that the new oath ceremony room at the SA office allows them to conduct two oath ceremonies a month (primarily judicial). If you have had your oath ceremony in San Antonio (or Austin)- I'd love to know if it was judicial or administrative. :) 

My husband was de-scheduled for his ceremony (which should have been today). I'm just having a hard time accepting it. I wish I had read more about the name change process. I didn't realize it could cause such a delay. Now I'm worried that's why he was de-scheduled. Maybe it was an USCIS oversight and a judge wasn't presiding over this ceremony? Guess I'm back to being paranoid until the actual oath ceremony happens. :( 

Hi there

did you find out answer for this question? 

2 hours ago, varmai said:

Hi there

did you find out answer for this question? 

Yes! We made an INFOPASS appointment on July 5th (roughly a month after he was de-scheduled). Turns out someone at USCIS scheduled him for a refugee-only ceremony. Since he wasn’t a refugee, they canceled the ceremony. His new ceremony date was scheduled on July 5th- the same day as our INFOPASS. 🤔 I’m convinced they only scheduled his new ceremony because we asked about it! Crazy journey, but it’s finally over. He was naturalized in late July.

Wishing all of your luck on your immigration journeys.

On 6/16/2018 at 4:09 AM, KDMG12 said:

But does the San Antonio offce have 2 ceremonies a motnh?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 11/3/2018 at 12:47 AM, Liz Lime said:

I’m waiting on a judicial oath ceremony. They said i would get a letter from them 4-6 weeks after the interview (I was approved) and it’s been just over 6 weeks. 

Have you received oath ceremony notice? I had my interview approved at San Antonio on Sep 27th. It's been more than 8 weeks now and I haven't received any oath ceremony notice.

54 minutes ago, benjwa said:

Have you received oath ceremony notice? I had my interview approved at San Antonio on Sep 27th. It's been more than 8 weeks now and I haven't received any oath ceremony notice.

I did. I didn’t get the email notification but I signed in a week ago and the date had been scheduled for Dec 13. The letter came in the mail on Wednesday. Log in if you haven’t checked lately! Hope yours comes soon. 

Congratulations are in order !!!!!!!! As for a lot of us we are yet to get a simple oath date. It will be a wonderful Christmas gift shed we get in the Dec 13th Oath.

1 hour ago, Liz Lime said:

I did. I didn’t get the email notification but I signed in a week ago and the date had been scheduled for Dec 13. The letter came in the mail on Wednesday. Log in if you haven’t checked lately! Hope yours comes soon. 

Thanks and Congratulation!  I checked today and still nothing changed online. 😞 When was you interview date? Thanks again.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:54 PM, austin 512 said:

Congratulations are in order !!!!!!!! As for a lot of us we are yet to get a simple oath date. It will be a wonderful Christmas gift shed we get in the Dec 13th Oath.

Thank you!

On 11/23/2018 at 3:59 PM, benjwa said:

Thanks and Congratulation!  I checked today and still nothing changed online. 😞 When was you interview date? Thanks again.

Thank you! My interview date was Sept 19. 

Attended my interview yesterday for my N400 application which was approved. Just have to wait on the oath ceremony now. From reading through this forum and people not hearing anything, I cheekily asked the agent how long it might take to attend the ceremony and she said they have been advised the ceremony appointment could be up to 5 months away and will either be held in San Antonio or Austin as they are in the same jurisdiction area. However she also said that they are trying to get people done as soon as they possibly can so there is a chance it won't actually take that long.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:59 AM, benjwa said:

Hey Benjwa, when did you file?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.