bowflex

Update on our Case being processed after Denial

65 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah I'm on the phone holding right now for Montreal. I'm sure nothing is going to happen but I'm going to have to start pestering this woman like no one's business.

Any updates from the phone call?

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

call

wxyz channel 7 - 7 On Your Side Investigative Team: 248-827-9252

and

wdiv channel 4 313-223-CALL4

Yep I've actually left voicemails and stuff for all the news stations around here, but the sad truth is most people view immigration in a negative light, so I'm not expecting much. I was hoping with all those insanely stupid illegal immigrant rallies that they might want to show the good side of immigration, but no calls back and I called everyone a few weeks ago.

As for the phone call, I tried calling while at work, but was on hold for about 30 minutes, which I obviously just can't do. My wife tried calling afterwards and held for 20 minutes, but by then it hit 4pm and we all know they won't be picking up after that

My senator's office let the woman know that we're on an urgent time table since my wife's family's case has come up in Canada for a review, and we said we'd like an answer back in about 2 weeks, and that expires this Friday. I'm going to wait on calling until then, but if we don't hear back by then, I'll have to think of something.

My lawyer's advice was to just wait it out and leave the woman alone, but now that we're 2 solid weeks passed the processing time of reviewing additional documentation, I'm not going to allow it after this week.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

i don't understand what she's waiting for. she's told our lawyer they were on her desk 4 weeks ago. it should be papers she claimed to have already read and reviewed, so i don't understand. husband's dad is calling and contacting washington today; both are ready to get a plane and go if needed, plane tickets already priced. his mom is contacting the local news stations... again.

as for me... no one will even talk with me, i'm "just the beneficiary" and they treat me even worse and with more attitude.

why do the illegal immigrants get all the attention? i will never understand.

i wonder how many times she's gotten away with this sort of b.s. since she didn't think twice to just blatantly lie.

sigh <_<

menandbran.jpg

Well, I'm calling between 2 and 4pm to check on the case again *crosses fingers*

We've also set up a small packet of information including the rebuttal packet that was already sent, a new letter summarizing everything, a timeline summary of our contacting the Consulate since the "interview", and a summary of the actual interview. We sent this to a contact at the White House that we spoke with yesterday.

Other than that it seems we've hit a brick wall, and it's a shame that some woman with a bad attitude can screw over our case that already took a whole year of processing just to get that interview.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

*crosses fingers*

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline

my husband just called and they said they HAVE NO RECORD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn:

WHAT THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

so i called the senator and the lady said she has record of them saying they received it. well duuuuuh, our lawyer does too and so do we, but now it seems the lady just .. i dunno... dismissed it? thrown it away? burned it? wiped her behind with it?

SO WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE IT IS OR WHAT'S GOING ON WITH IT AND THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO, SENATOR WON'T CALL UNTIL THE 3RD, OUR LAWYER CAN'T GET THROUGH, WE'RE NOT GETTING ANY INFO AND NOW THEY DON'T HAVE A RECORD OF IT?

:girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn:

it's siiiiiiiix weeks laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaater. we already did our waiting time for the interview and applications, just look at it for crying out loud.

i'm so mad and frustrated i can hardly function

menandbran.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck guys. I hope something good comes out of this really soon. I do think its very inappropriate that they have the same woman re-reviewing your case. She obviously thought it fit to dismiss your case in the first place, so why did they think she was competent enough to understand it the second time? The whole situation sucks... I can't believe the consulate doesn't have some sort of policies to prevent these kinds of abuses, or if they do, I can't believe they have no way to enforce them. Anyway, good wishes! I'm sure someone will be able to straighten this out.

my husband just called and they said they HAVE NO RECORD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn:

WHAT THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

so i called the senator and the lady said she has record of them saying they received it. well duuuuuh, our lawyer does too and so do we, but now it seems the lady just .. i dunno... dismissed it? thrown it away? burned it? wiped her behind with it?

SO WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE IT IS OR WHAT'S GOING ON WITH IT AND THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO, SENATOR WON'T CALL UNTIL THE 3RD, OUR LAWYER CAN'T GET THROUGH, WE'RE NOT GETTING ANY INFO AND NOW THEY DON'T HAVE A RECORD OF IT?

:girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn:

it's siiiiiiiix weeks laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaater. we already did our waiting time for the interview and applications, just look at it for crying out loud.

i'm so mad and frustrated i can hardly function

whoa.... wait whhhhhaaaat? This is getting ridiculous.... good luck :/

K1 Visa Journey:

Jan 12, 2007- I-129F Sent

Jan 17, 2007- I-129F has arrived at the NSC

Jan 24, 2007- NOA1 date

Jan 27, 2007- Check cashed by CSC

Jan 29, 2007- Paper NOA1 recieved (at permenant US address)

May 1, 2007- NOA2

May 16, 2007- At the NVC

May 18, 2007- Left NVC

May 30, 2007- Packet 3 arrives

May 31, 2007- Faxed Packet 3 stuff back

July 9, 2007- Interview at Vancouver

July 10, 2007- Visa recieved!

July 18, 2007- US entry

August 25, 2007- Wedding <3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone contacted the um... person who is at the top of the consulate there? Can't remember their title.

Would contacting the U.S. Embassy in Ottawa do any good? Do they oversee the U.S. consulates in Canada?

What a mess... hang in there!

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

we can't keep playing their game. we met when i was still a teenager, i grew up with him, we waited years to get married, there's nothing fishy, there's nothing wrong. i miss seeing him every day. i miss being able to plan things, i miss coming from work or school and driving to his hockey games. i miss crocheting with him mom. i miss partying with friends. i miss my friends. i miss the house. i even miss how cold he always kept the bedroom. i miss everything. i already know what it's like to be with him and spend every day with him...not worrying about anything but what we're going to eat tonight. i miss EVERYTHING. i grew up there. i can't believe this is happening. and how easy i keep reading it is for everyone else. we're looking into leaving our friends and family and seeing what other countries are favorable. english speaking of course.

we just want to be together again :crying:

what is WRONG with this woman :crying:

menandbran.jpg

Timeline
Has anyone contacted the um... person who is at the top of the consulate there? Can't remember their title.

Would contacting the U.S. Embassy in Ottawa do any good? Do they oversee the U.S. consulates in Canada?

What a mess... hang in there!

we've tried contacting both. consulate general was unreachable at that time, and the embassy said to call montreal and deal with them, they don't intervene with their decisions and other *poop*

i've already missed 6 weeks of paychecks, too. i can't sign another one year contract here like offered and i keep having to tell the job offers in michigan "i'm out of town for a couple weeks" blah blah blah.

and this is a long weekend, and the following is a long weekend, and then couple weeks later they're closed monday again, then fourth of july.....

we're going camping this weekend and i think there will be much drinking, hah :/

menandbran.jpg

Filed: Timeline
we're going camping this weekend and i think there will be much drinking, hah :/

Ahhh, good ole May 2-4. I was sitting here missing it after hearing about all my Canadian friends and family's plans. :( Forget about the darned CO and process this weekend and have FUN!!! By this time next year you'll be sitting with your hubby remembering this time last year. :lol:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.