patty14

AOS Interview - Medical I-693

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I just received an email from USCIS that my interview for AOS has been scheduled and my husband and I are waiting for the NOA. I have a few questions that I hope some can help me with.

1. How many days or weeks is the span between the NOA and the actual date of the interview? Will we be given a month to prepare the documents or lesser?

2. I did not pass I - 693 (medical) because of this instruction found in the i693 form:

If you were admitted as a:
A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or
B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and
C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:
(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year
of an overseas medical examination; and
(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or
(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and
you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.
(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the
vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included
as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination
Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9.
of Form I-693.

Should I have another medical exam and pass an I693 in the interview?

Any experience or sharing will be appreciated. Thank you:)

Time between NoA and interview is not set, so everyone gets different time between those. Most people have their package ready by the time of NoA, and just keeps on adding items as they get them, if still needing something.

No one can answer to your medical question if you don't provide more information.

Have you had your medical once already? Has it been over or close to a year since you had it? Did you fail your first medical for some reason, like vaccinations or something? Did you file your medical with AoS?

If you just copy the whole instructions and do not provide which part of it might apply to you, we try and assist you. So please, clarify why you think you failed the medical.

Edited by Hattivatti
Fat finger typos

I did not pass i693 because I got my medical exam abroad last January 2017, came to US through K1 visa on June 2017, applied for AOS on August 2017. I filed my AOS within 1 year since I had my medical exam abroad but it is clearly expired before I will have my interview. I do not have a Class A condition and my vaccination requested to be waived. Do I need i693 for the interview? Thank you for the help:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

I had my interview for AOS on Saturday morning in Los Angeles. The interview went well but the officer told us the Medical Exam expired on March and I need a new medical exam from approved USCIS civil surgeon. It has to be sealed and submitted before September 25th. That was the only RFE.

I made an appointment for tomorrow with one doctor $199.00 full exam without Vaccination. I should have the sealed envelope two days after the exam results. 

MY ADVICE TO ANYONE WITH COMING INTERVIEW FOR AOS TO LOOK AT THE DATE OF THE LAST MEDICAL EXAM THEY HAD, IF MORE THAN A YEAR, I SAY FIND A USCIS DOCTOR AND GO DO THE MEDICAL EXAM AGAIN. 

I also believe that they are starting to do more background check after the interview as well. Because I asked the office how long after receiving the Medical Exam the approval will take. He replied by saying " when we receive it and do background check, it takes less than 45 days". I asked if we need to come back for another interview, he said "NO, we are done" 

Edited by Mmagic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
17 minutes ago, patty14 said:

Did you also had your previous medical abroad as a requirement for K1 visa (fiancé)?thank you

I don't know if you are asking me or the person posting on the thread?

But if you are asking me, That was the only Medical Exam I took during my K1 visa in Singapore. It was valid from March 2017 to March 2018. Even somewhere on the report it said " valid for one year only" 

Edited by Mmagic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.