chana2

problem at interview in Peru

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, My Fiancee Roxana had her interview in Lima yesterday (I was there too). Everything seemed to be going great...we had all the documents requested and more. Then at the final window the lady told Roxana that the embassy needs to do a name check because it seems there is another peruvian who has the same name as Roxana. I suppose that person has requested, or already has a US Visa.

We were told that all our paper work was in order and that they only needed to do an "internal check". They gave her a yellow slip of paper which said they will call Roxana in 2 weeks and she can then send her Passport via DHL to the embassy for processing (as long as the "name check" works out ok).

I dont think there is any reason to worry, but just want to get a sense if this has happened before. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

I think in the U.S. Immigration computer system, her name only consists of her first name and family name and middle initial (that is how her name appears on the NOA 1 & 2 forms I received) , BUT not her mother's family name nor her complete middle name. Most Peruvians (or latinos for that matter use both parents family names). Her fathers last name is very common. Im hoping all this will be cleared up and Roxana will get the call in the next two weeks like they told her.

Thanks to all the people who have shared their stories along the way, it really helped us in every step. I will continue to update our timeline, and update this thread ASAP.

Again any comments or histories are appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have heard of that happening before, where they do an additional name check because of a hit and when everything comes up clear they issue the visa. Don't sweat it, I'm sure it won't be too much longer.

K-1

09/14/05 sent in petition

12/20/05 case at CDJ

1/09/06 Had interview and placed on Administrative Processing/221(g) for 6 months.

07/06/06 Interview, Successful!!!

07/06/06 Fiance receives Visa and enters U.S.!

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/09/06 Mailed AOS package.

12/11/06 USCIS receives AOS package

12/14/06 NOA1

12/26/06 Rec'd Bio Letter

12/28/06 Rec'd email: Transferred to CSC!!!

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/02/07 Original Biometrics appt. (postponed)

01/05/07 Rec'd email: Case pending at CSC

01/08/07 Infopass for Biometrics *Touched*

01/09/07 Rec'd email Case transferred to CSC(again)

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/17/07 Received email case pending at CSC(again)

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

06/27/07 Letter welcoming new resident mailed!

07/02/07 Recv'd 2 yr conditional GC!

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/01/07 Rec'd at CSC, NOA1

03/01/07 mailed supporting documents to CSC

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/05/07 Rec'd Bio Letter

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/16/07 Bio Appt. *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/20/07 Rec'd approval email

03/23/07 EAD received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Just got back from Peru myself - congrats on getting the lady to review your app and not the old dude with the glasses!

If it makes you feel better, something similar happend to me. Also got the yellow slip. Which document did you need to provide? They asked us for the Migratory Movement Certificate and also told Lu to send those documents and her passport to DHL. However, we were not given a timeframe, but when Lu dropped off the info on Monday, the guy at DHL said to call back on Thursday as the package should be ready (I have no idea how on Earth they would know that though).

My situation is a little weird as well because Lucia has the same name as her mother so they were both in the system and that initiated some questioning.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.