GrenadianCrix

reverse visa info

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for indulging me this non-US visa question.

If a person from a country that needs a visa to Canada overstayed (by a year or two) and was voluntarily deported wanted to get back into Canada for a short visit. How long would it take? Is there a similar 10 year ban and then another application process? Also, if this person gained US-LPR status would this make a difference ... such as, would he need to apply for a visa from his home country? or could he enter with LPR status even though he would still hold his home countries passport?

If anyone knows anything about this, or could tell me where to find the info I would be very appreciative. I have looked through the CIC site but can't seem to find any info on overstays.

Thanks a million

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

Thanks Misa,

I've posted my question there, hopefully there are a few people on that site that are as well-versed as on VJ.

se

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Timeline

Although upon looking further on that site, it looks like nobody has posted there in well over a week. I'm not sure there is anyone around to answer any question. Soooo, I'd still welcome anyone elses thoughts on this.

Thanks

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

U.S. LPR's do not require a visa to visit Canada. Not a clue on the previous overstay. LOL I don't understand the term "voluntarily deported"....... :unsure: seems like an oxymoron to me. Did he leave before he got caught or after he got caught but before he was forced out.

google.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think you need permission to return to Canada after this.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Timeline
U.S. LPR's do not require a visa to visit Canada. Not a clue on the previous overstay. LOL I don't understand the term "voluntarily deported"....... :unsure: seems like an oxymoron to me. Did he leave before he got caught or after he got caught but before he was forced out.

I guess it does sound a bit strange. I'm not sure of the exact procedure tht happened but basically they said..."You over stayed, do you want to fight it or just go home?" he chose just go home. He signed the papers and they sent him home.

I realize there will be some type of procedure/permission to be granted, I was just hoping someone would have an idea on the normal wait time....maybe the equivalent to the US 10 year ban? or where to find out what the process would be. the Canadian websites seem to be completely devoid of anything on the topic.

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ok so I read on another board............and of course the validity of the info is as solid as any board so.."you would probably be either excluded for 1 year or just get a departure notice, with no untoward penalities on further entries..."

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigrati...ay-t3116.0.html

o......geez thats the board u posted on .......

google.gif

Timeline

lol...thanks for trying

I've actually found some stuff, I went through the Trinidad and Tobago - Canadian Embassy and found some more info there.

It doesn't look good though. What I'm seeing is that after deportation reentry is barred permanently without ministerial permission. I'm not sure how hard/expensive that will be, but I'll keep looking.

sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
lol...thanks for trying

I've actually found some stuff, I went through the Trinidad and Tobago - Canadian Embassy and found some more info there.

It doesn't look good though. What I'm seeing is that after deportation reentry is barred permanently without ministerial permission. I'm not sure how hard/expensive that will be, but I'll keep looking.

sue

go to any canada consulate general website. Download info & forms on application for permission to return. I think it's $360. Probably best to do after you have your status in the u.s.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.