gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

u know aos i thought the same thing that a bunch of us are getting this letter at the same time. maybe they just need to update files. it does seam they have a new system in place in getting the ead and ap faster so maybe they have also made changes to the rest of it too.

as u..i just thought it was the biometrics for his ead so i gave it a quick look and thru it to the side. i picked it up later and read it thru more and then figured out wow this might be the real thing finally.

mine was not a photo copy but the real thing and it was from the uscis (not ins) and came from nebraska.

i called the lawyer and asked if it is ok to go ahead and reschedule and she said yes as long as u dont keep rescheduling. asked her if it is ok to send a note with it explaining hassan is out of town and can they rechedule in january to be sure he is back home in time. she said that was ok and they have been calling and calling them to find out what is going on with the case and they have never returned the call. dont know if she told them we are planning on filing a wom on them or not.

well all...lets hope this is our early christmas presents. it sure would be the nicest gift of the year.

i think when we do go i will make an info pass apt at the same time just to inquire if we are out of name check yet. that way we will know if it was the real fingerprinting or not.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

AOS Despair....If you want to speed things up, you can go get your fingerprints done early. You can only go on Wednesday's. I went in 2 weeks early. The security guard at first told me to wait until my appointment. Wednesdays are for people who miss their appointments. I told him the the 1800 number told me it was ok to go in early. He told me "they don't know what they're talking about!" Anyhow in the end he let me go through. I went in at 2:45 pm and the ASC was empty.

I'll keep you all posted. I am trying to schedule an INFOPASS appt with no luck. I need to see if the USCIS knows where I live :)

BTW AOS Despair...why do you have a pic of Gordon bethune?

Hubby - Canada Wife- USA

Came to USA on an F1 Visa

Met my wife to be August 2001 at college in Nebraska

May 29,2004 - Married!!!!!

July 1, 2004 - Filed AOS, AP, I-130 and Ead in person-Houston

July 12, 2004 - Notice date

July 29, 2004 - Bios

Nov 10, 2004 - I-485 touched

Nov 17, 2004 - I-131 approved

Nov 24, 2004 - I-765 approved

Apr 25, 2005 - status inquiry since AOS is 90 days overdue

May 2, 2005 - status inquiry letter to Houston office

May 19, 2005 - had a meeting with the ICE ( they said they didnt know I filed for AOS???)

July 7, 2005 - sent a letter to Senator, Missouri Cis, CIS Ombudsman

July 27, 2005 - letter from Ombudsman - they will start an inquiry into my case.

Sept 14, 2005 - receieved a letter from USCIS Houston that I need to contact Missouri ( from status inquiry)

Oct 6, 2005 - fingerprinting- EAD

Nov 15, 2005 - Received letter from CIS Ombudsman-I need to contact the Houston USCIS

Nov 17, 2005 - Received AP and Ead in mail

Dec 28, 2005 - fingerprinting- AOS

Feb 9, 2006 - Aos interiew- still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - Second AOS interview, still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - I-130 approved

Dec 2, 2007 - Fingerprinted again..third time for AOS

Feb 14, 2008 - Received email case approved

Feb 26, 2008 - received Green Card

AOS Despair....If you want to speed things up, you can go get your fingerprints done early. You can only go on Wednesday's. I went in 2 weeks early. The security guard at first told me to wait until my appointment. Wednesdays are for people who miss their appointments. I told him the the 1800 number told me it was ok to go in early. He told me "they don't know what they're talking about!" Anyhow in the end he let me go through. I went in at 2:45 pm and the ASC was empty.

I'll keep you all posted. I am trying to schedule an INFOPASS appt with no luck. I need to see if the USCIS knows where I live :)

BTW AOS Despair...why do you have a pic of Gordon bethune?

Howdy

Thanks for the information regarding possibly having fingerprints done early. I'll mention it to my husband to see if he'd like to give it a try.

And very good for recognizing the great Gordon Bethune! I used to fly Continental quite a bit and grew fond of Gordon because of his preflight video appearance telling us all about the myriad in-flight amenities and the most professional men and women in the business. I'm sort of a nervous flyer and treat myself to prescription downers for long flights. It became sort of a ritual, clandestinely sipping duty-free vodka and popping pills (don't try this at home) while enjoying Gordon's dulcet tones. Gordon's welcome preceded a safety video presented by a blonde chick who looked like she was possessed.

Suddenly, and jarringly, Larry Kellner replaced Gordon as CEO. Instead of the folksy Texas twang of the magical preflight Gordon, I'm introduced to this smug younger guy who looks like a cross between my uncle (one ornery #######) and the night manager at Waffle House. I did some reading and discovered that Larry essentially muscled his way in and showed some degree of disrespect toward the esteemed Gordon Bethune, who was instrumental in turning Continental around years earlier. And to make matters worse, Larry was all over the in-flight magazine like flies around $#it.

Down with Larry Kellner!

I feel I should note that I have no ties to the airline industry. (You may have gathered that I'm a bit eccentric.)

Aren't you glad you asked?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Hello everyone

I have a small question for some of the people here who have been approved pending a namecheck. I have an interview in January but I am getting a sneaking suspicion I might be in the same boat.

1) Were your interviews scheduled only after the I-485 date for your local office became current? It seems a little strange to me if they gave you an interview before that date if your namecheck has not been cleared yet. I can understand it if the namecheck was cleared, then pushing up the interview makes sense. Or did many of you have interviews scheduled well before the current processing dates and then find out your namecheck didnt go through?

2) Did you have to hand over yout I-94 at the interview or EAD's even though your name check wasnt cleared? I am on an H1B and I dont want to hand over my I-94 if the namecheck didnt go through, as I need it to travel in and out of the country for work.

Thanks everyone and hope you have a great holiday season

Muraari

June 29, 2007 : Erin and Muraari's Wedding in Seattle, WA (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 24, 2007: Mailed all paperwork to Chicago (Wish us luck)

Aug 31, 2007: Biometrics Appointment

Sep 1, 2007: Received NOA1 (Dated Aug 29)

Nov 25, 2007: Received notice for interview in Baltimore, MD (No touches, nothing online to date)

Jan 22, 2008: Interview in Baltimore, MD. Went well.

Jan 29, 2008: Can finally track I-130 online. Approved.

Jan 31, 2008: Email I-485 "Card production ordered"

Feb 5, 2008: Another email I-485 "Card production ordered"

Feb 7, 2008: Received I-130 approval and I-485 "Welcome to America Letter" in snail mail

Feb 7, 2008: Email I-485 "Approval notice mailed"

Feb 9, 2008: GC in hand....... (Done with USCIS for a few months) YAYY!!!!!!

Oct 22, 2009: Process starts again. Going to mail I-751 to VSC

Jan 26, 2010: Notice of Approval and Card Production for 10-year GC

Feb 3, 2010: 10-Year GC Received

Filed: Other Timeline

Our interview was pretty much on target with the dates listed for our office. But that date has nothing to do with the namecheck. A file can be adjudicated for the bonafides and financials without any input from the FBI. And interviews are held when the local office has a slot available for them.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our interview was past the date at our local office. They didn't take our i94 or Ead.

AOS Despair...my wife used to work for Continental. those were great videos!!! As far as Larry muscling his way in...he was actually brought in by Gordon as well as Jeff. The 3 of them together under Gordon's leadership helped turn the company around. Gordon just passed the baton down to Larry. They are a great airline!

Hubby - Canada Wife- USA

Came to USA on an F1 Visa

Met my wife to be August 2001 at college in Nebraska

May 29,2004 - Married!!!!!

July 1, 2004 - Filed AOS, AP, I-130 and Ead in person-Houston

July 12, 2004 - Notice date

July 29, 2004 - Bios

Nov 10, 2004 - I-485 touched

Nov 17, 2004 - I-131 approved

Nov 24, 2004 - I-765 approved

Apr 25, 2005 - status inquiry since AOS is 90 days overdue

May 2, 2005 - status inquiry letter to Houston office

May 19, 2005 - had a meeting with the ICE ( they said they didnt know I filed for AOS???)

July 7, 2005 - sent a letter to Senator, Missouri Cis, CIS Ombudsman

July 27, 2005 - letter from Ombudsman - they will start an inquiry into my case.

Sept 14, 2005 - receieved a letter from USCIS Houston that I need to contact Missouri ( from status inquiry)

Oct 6, 2005 - fingerprinting- EAD

Nov 15, 2005 - Received letter from CIS Ombudsman-I need to contact the Houston USCIS

Nov 17, 2005 - Received AP and Ead in mail

Dec 28, 2005 - fingerprinting- AOS

Feb 9, 2006 - Aos interiew- still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - Second AOS interview, still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - I-130 approved

Dec 2, 2007 - Fingerprinted again..third time for AOS

Feb 14, 2008 - Received email case approved

Feb 26, 2008 - received Green Card

Hello everyone

I have a small question for some of the people here who have been approved pending a namecheck. I have an interview in January but I am getting a sneaking suspicion I might be in the same boat.

1) Were your interviews scheduled only after the I-485 date for your local office became current? It seems a little strange to me if they gave you an interview before that date if your namecheck has not been cleared yet. I can understand it if the namecheck was cleared, then pushing up the interview makes sense. Or did many of you have interviews scheduled well before the current processing dates and then find out your namecheck didnt go through?

2) Did you have to hand over yout I-94 at the interview or EAD's even though your name check wasnt cleared? I am on an H1B and I dont want to hand over my I-94 if the namecheck didnt go through, as I need it to travel in and out of the country for work.

Muraari

Why do you think you might be in the same boat? We found out at the interview that Jon's background check wasn't completed. As Rebecca said, the interviews are scheduled regardless of whether the name check is done.

If your application is delayed because of name check, you'll hold onto the EAD (you'll need it!). We were told to destroy Jon's EAD when his green card arrived. Of course, we're still not at that point!

I'm not sure about travel re: H1B and whether you'd need Advance Parole as an AOS applicant. I'm sure someone else knows!

Huskerfan, you're ruining my wronged Gordon fantasy! I know that he and Larry worked closely together before Gordon retired. The muscling in I mentioned had to do with Gordon retiring 18 months earlier than planned. I'd read somewhere that basically Larry was anxious to become CEO and implement his Larry Vision and sort of pushed out Gordon, like, "Get out old man, there's a new sheriff in town!"

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

it seams everyone has a differnt story.

my husbands i-94 was taken at the interview. he also traveled and they just gave him a new one when he came back into the country. they asked him were it was when he was leaving and he said they took it at his aos interview and showed her the advance parole paper he had and she just gave him his ticket. when he came back they just gave him a new one.

he didnt get an interview for a year after filing the application so i cant remember if he was past the timeline or not..probably.

hopefully u wont have any trouble in ur interview. only a small percent dont pass name check for a long time.

OK Guys, I'm beginning to feel left out. Nothing has changed for us; I wish we were asked for fingerprints. Just gave them more money for the AP.

All I want for Christmas is a green card!!

Hope all of you get yours and this is a good sign of whats coming.

:crying:

Hopefully the FBI is adding more staff to clear all of us up...

OK Guys, I'm beginning to feel left out. Nothing has changed for us; I wish we were asked for fingerprints. Just gave them more money for the AP.

(F) be strong!

Hi there

Thanks for the reply.

I think I am as I had requested my senator's help with a status check for a case we were unable to get any info about and her response said I was still in the FBI namcheck process. And that was 4 months after applying, so maybe it will come through by the time of interview but then it might not. I am somehow expecting not.......

I dont have an EAD or an AP. H1B's dont need either to travel or work even if they are on AOS status. That is why it is particularly important i hang on to my I-94 as that I-94 is what allows me to legally do both in the US.

Anyway I guess nothing for me to do but wait and see. I called the info line today and got trasnferred to a second level IO but he said namecheck status does not show up on his system either. So guess I will wait till the interview or if I get really antsy maybe do an infopass. Thanks again

Muraari

Hello everyone

Muraari

Why do you think you might be in the same boat? We found out at the interview that Jon's background check wasn't completed. As Rebecca said, the interviews are scheduled regardless of whether the name check is done.

If your application is delayed because of name check, you'll hold onto the EAD (you'll need it!). We were told to destroy Jon's EAD when his green card arrived. Of course, we're still not at that point!

I'm not sure about travel re: H1B and whether you'd need Advance Parole as an AOS applicant. I'm sure someone else knows!

Huskerfan, you're ruining my wronged Gordon fantasy! I know that he and Larry worked closely together before Gordon retired. The muscling in I mentioned had to do with Gordon retiring 18 months earlier than planned. I'd read somewhere that basically Larry was anxious to become CEO and implement his Larry Vision and sort of pushed out Gordon, like, "Get out old man, there's a new sheriff in town!"

June 29, 2007 : Erin and Muraari's Wedding in Seattle, WA (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Nov 25, 2007: Received notice for interview in Baltimore, MD (No touches, nothing online to date)

Feb 7, 2008: Received I-130 approval and I-485 "Welcome to America Letter" in snail mail

Hi there

Thanks for the reply.

I think I am as I had requested my senator's help with a status check for a case we were unable to get any info about and her response said I was still in the FBI namcheck process. And that was 4 months after applying, so maybe it will come through by the time of interview but then it might not. I am somehow expecting not.......

I dont have an EAD or an AP. H1B's dont need either to travel or work even if they are on AOS status. That is why it is particularly important i hang on to my I-94 as that I-94 is what allows me to legally do both in the US.

Anyway I guess nothing for me to do but wait and see. I called the info line today and got trasnferred to a second level IO but he said namecheck status does not show up on his system either. So guess I will wait till the interview or if I get really antsy maybe do an infopass. Thanks again

Muraari

Most people make it out of namecheck by 6 months. Hopefully you will be done before your interview! Much luck!

Timeline

well with the increase in fees hopefully ur right and they did add more staff to clear things up. wasnt that the excuse they used to up the fees?

I also worry becasue there seem to be quite a few people from Canada who have been stuck in namecheck it seems. I wonder why that is..........

Hi there

Thanks for the reply.

Muraari

Most people make it out of namecheck by 6 months. Hopefully you will be done before your interview! Much luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.