Be Happy!!

IV Package Question

18 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Im happy to say I received the NOA2 today that my petition was approved. Im no where near this stage right now but I have a question maybe perhaps someone can assist me. Perhaps the anwer is on this website but I cant seem to find it. Im just rrying to be proactive and be prepared.

My question is in reference to the IV package. I have read the following in this website when sending the IV Pacakge: 

-Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

-Cover letter (optional)

-Copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport 

-Photocopy of beneficiary's birth certificate - I have 

-Photocopy of marriage certificate - I have 

-Photocopy of police certificate(s)

Question: The highlighted areas in RED I do not have since my spouse resides overseas. Will he have to expedite these docuements to me in order to continue the process, NVC will send me a RFE I'm assuming if this is missing from the package? Alos doI have to resend his passport pictures? This was sent already with the I130 application.  Im confused. Sorry 

I appreciate your response and assistance. Thank you! 

Thnak you so much! Im not thinking right. How about the pics did you send the? or I can do without and bring them at the time o the interview? Thank you for taking your time and responding.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I sent them 15 pics from my recent trip that I had gone on after I filed. We decided to buy a photo album an have him take the pics from my first trip, the pics from the wedding an then third trip all in one

An have him take them to the interveiw

2 minutes ago, Prettyface35 said:

I sent them 15 pics from my recent trip that I had gone on after I filed. We decided to buy a photo album an have him take the pics from my first trip, the pics from the wedding an then third trip all in one

An have him take them to the interveiw

Oh I’m sorry I meant his passport pic with the IV package. I should’ve been more specific in my message but thank you for your response! :) 

Just now, Prettyface35 said:

They did ask for passport pics but he does have to have them done for the interview 

Great! Thank you. I appreciate your fast response! 

For his support documents it's:

Passport bio page

Police certificate

Marriage license

Birth certificate 

Copied correct? And bring original to interview

The process isn't hard I just made ure I looked at everything numerous times before sending it.

No it’s not actually as long as you read and get clarity and triple check all goes well! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.