39 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear Ma'am/Sirs,

This is my first time to post a thread in here. I just want clarification or any advice regarding my petition, any help or the same situation with me.

My mother file a petition to me last July 2007, in that time im still 18 years of Age. The receipt is basically is 2007.But when i recieved a letter it says that my priority date is May 2009 under F2B category. In that time im still 20 years old. Any advice regarding my priority date. Is there any adjustment regarding my priority date. It supposedly to be 2007 also. But that 2 years gap between the date of filed of my petition and my priority date. It seems that there is something wrong. 

I really need advice or any clarification to clear my doubts. I really need to go to america to be with my mother. Can anyone please help me. Thank You in Advance and God Bless Us all.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
On 2018-03-02 at 12:13 AM, chadz said:

Dear Ma'am/Sirs,

This is my first time to post a thread in here. I just want clarification or any advice regarding my petition, any help or the same situation with me.

My mother file a petition to me last July 2007, in that time im still 18 years of Age. The receipt is basically is 2007.But when i recieved a letter it says that my priority date is May 2009 under F2B category. In that time im still 20 years old. Any advice regarding my priority date. Is there any adjustment regarding my priority date. It supposedly to be 2007 also. But that 2 years gap between the date of filed of my petition and my priority date. It seems that there is something wrong. 

I really need advice or any clarification to clear my doubts. I really need to go to america to be with my mother. Can anyone please help me. Thank You in Advance and God Bless Us all.

Hi,

Check I-797, the 2nd Notice of Action, it states your PD. It should be July 2007.

Timeline

Hi Maam Lain, my sister called uscis they said that my priority should be July 2007, they said that the 2009 priority date got an error. But they told us to contact travel.state.gov. Can you advice/recommendation to us what will we say to them. Please. I badly need your help Maam. 

Thank You Very,

God Bless.

Timeline
4 hours ago, chadz said:

Hi Maam Lain, my sister called uscis they said that my priority should be July 2007, they said that the 2009 priority date got an error. But they told us to contact travel.state.gov. Can you advice/recommendation to us what will we say to them. Please. I badly need your help Maam. 

Thank You Very,

God Bless.

Your case should already be opened by NVC. Did you receive your Welcome letter?

Timeline

No Maam, we didnt yet received WL from NVC, maybe they didn't yet give us WL because in their record that my priority date is May 2009. Because in the paper i received last october 2009. That My priority date is May 2009. What d you think i will do Maam to inform them about my case. please help me Maam. Thank You very much

Timeline

Hi Maam , im still waiting for my invoice number. I didnt call them. I just emailed them, requesting my invoice number. My mother check the I-797 they filed me a petition June 8, 2007. But my priority date is May 2009. MNL2009xxxxxx like that. Is there any possible way to correct my priority date?

Timeline
53 minutes ago, chadz said:

Hi Maam , im still waiting for my invoice number. I didnt call them. I just emailed them, requesting my invoice number. My mother check the I-797 they filed me a petition June 8, 2007. But my priority date is May 2009. MNL2009xxxxxx like that. Is there any possible way to correct my priority date?

No need for that. I-797 your mom received in 2009, when your petition has been approved by USCIS and sent to NVC, where they assigned your case No. MNL2009...

If they filed in June, 2007, then your PD will be June, 2007. Check I-797 once again, for the exact date.

Timeline

Hi Maam, on the 797 Notice of Action. The date is June 8, 2007. Kindly see attached email for the Approval i received that my Priority date is May 2009. Thanks You. What will i do to change my priority date to May June 2007 Maam. Thank You very much for helping me.

IMG_20180314_112750.jpg

Timeline
13 hours ago, chadz said:

Hi Maam, on the 797 Notice of Action. The date is June 8, 2007. Kindly see attached email for the Approval i received that my Priority date is May 2009. Thanks You. What will i do to change my priority date to May June 2007 Maam. Thank You very much for helping me.

IMG_20180314_112750.jpg

Ok, check your case status at USCIS, what does it say? When USCIS received it? Your case No.should start WAC...or EAC...

Timeline

Upon checking Maam it says Case was approved. We submitted June 8, 2007, They received my case June 9, 2007. Then the next was the approved date July 21, 2009. My priority date is May 2009. See attached Maam for your reference. Thank You Very MuchCapture.thumb.JPG.6512114da00dd544f2bee650984c0877.JPG

Timeline
1 hour ago, chadz said:

Upon checking Maam it says Case was approved. We submitted June 8, 2007, They received my case June 9, 2007. Then the next was the approved date July 21, 2009. My priority date is May 2009. See attached Maam for your reference. Thank You Very MuchCapture.thumb.JPG.6512114da00dd544f2bee650984c0877.JPG

Your PD is June 9, 2007, this date when USCIS received your case and assigned your PD. Looks like they made a mistake sending you I-797 with uncorrect PD.

You should call NVC and clarify:

1. When is your PD? Explane if necessary, that USCIS received it June9, 2007 and it took 2 years to approve it.

2. When your case will be opened and you will receive your WL? (Dates for filing applications September 1, 2007 assuming that your PD is June 9, 2007).

3. What is your case Invoice number?

That is all you need to know. It will be faster if you will give a call. Good luck!

Timeline

ok Maam, noted. I will call them later on. Thank You very very much. God bless you and your family always. I will chat here again if what will be their feedback. Thank You.

8 hours ago, Lain said:

Timeline

Hi Maam, i called NVC and thy said that they don't have the information when uscis received my case. So they are requiring me to give them an email with my attached 797. But according to my mother, she didn't received I-797 Noa1, only we received Noa2. As of now im waiting for the scanned copy of my Noa2 2 be emailed with them.

Timeline
2 hours ago, chadz said:

Hi Maam, i called NVC and thy said that they don't have the information when uscis received my case. So they are requiring me to give them an email with my attached 797. But according to my mother, she didn't received I-797 Noa1, only we received Noa2. As of now im waiting for the scanned copy of my Noa2 2 be emailed with them.

Ok, they will check it, just point once again when your petition was sent to USCIS and when they received it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.