DOCUS2013

N400 Decision cannot be made chicago office

43 posts in this topic

Just now, DOCUS2013 said:

Nothing waiting and waiting, stress out

I know the feeling. Last night I decided to schedule an info pass to get a passport stamped. It is on March 15 just incase I still don't hear from them until the 14th. At least we can travel while waiting. Waiting is very frustrating. 

Just now, thmohds said:

They did not schedule oath yet. just approval and the second note saying in-line for oath

Oh. okay. Same with mine. I'm still hoping I will get an update before my info pass appointment which is on the 15th of this month.

Just now, thmohds said:

So you are saying that you are approved but the oath did not happen yet? how long you have been waiting since In-Line for the oath ?

Not that long actually. I've been in line for oath since Feb 20th.  The reason why I want to get a stamped is because my husband and I are planning on traveling soon. And I also found a post on the other forum called ***removed*** that he has been waiting his oath since April 2017 so I was thinking, maybe, what if it will happen to me. :( Hope not.

Here is my timeline 

10/23/2017- sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
10/26/2017- NOA 1 with IOExxxx receipt number
10/28/2017- Biometric scheduled (online status)
11/16/2017- Biometric done at ASC
01/10/2018- online status updated - Interview has been scheduled
02/14/2018- Interview (passed) but decision cannot be made because of pending ROC. Officer has to review it first before he will approved my n400. 
02/20/2018- online status updated- We placed you in line for youth ceremony and will send you a notice. .......

I file under the 3 years rule.

1 minute ago, Jebee said:

Not that long actually. I've been in line for oath since Feb 20th.  The reason why I want to get a stamped is because my husband and I are planning on traveling soon. And I also found a post on the other forum called ***removed*** that he has been waiting his oath since April 2017 so I was thinking, maybe, what if it will happen to me. :( Hope not.

Here is my timeline 

10/23/2017- sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
10/26/2017- NOA 1 with IOExxxx receipt number
10/28/2017- Biometric scheduled (online status)
11/16/2017- Biometric done at ASC
01/10/2018- online status updated - Interview has been scheduled
02/14/2018- Interview (passed) but decision cannot be made because of pending ROC. Officer has to review it first before he will approved my n400. 
02/20/2018- online status updated- We placed you in line for youth ceremony and will send you a notice. .......

I file under the 3 years rule.

it is similar to my timeline, I am also travelling in few days outside, but I have my green card so I can travel on it. Why do you need a stamp??

6 minutes ago, thmohds said:

it is similar to my timeline, I am also travelling in few days outside, but I have my green card so I can travel on it. Why do you need a stamp??

I don't have a Green card and my extension letter was expired since January of this year.

Just now, thmohds said:

So your ROC is still pending?

Yes. My ROC file was at my officers desk who interviewed me on Feb 14. He told me we will review it before he will approved my n400. So, on feb 20th since I received an update online that I was approved and the placed me in line for oath. I am assuming  he approved my ROC.

5 minutes ago, Jebee said:

Yes. My ROC file was at my officers desk who interviewed me on Feb 14. He told me we will review it before he will approved my n400. So, on feb 20th since I received an update online that I was approved and the placed me in line for oath. I am assuming  he approved my ROC.

Yes, That's true. Because by they law you can't be approved without ROC being approved. So hopefully you get the green card soon. but I think they will not print Green Card for you because they gonna take it in oath so probably they just want to send you to the oath directly, but the have to wait until they have one scheduled. Well good luck, hopefully you will hear good news soon 

28 minutes ago, thmohds said:

Yes, That's true. Because by they law you can't be approved without ROC being approved. So hopefully you get the green card soon. but I think they will not print Green Card for you because they gonna take it in oath so probably they just want to send you to the oath directly, but the have to wait until they have one scheduled. Well good luck, hopefully you will hear good news soon 

Correct. I was thinking the same thing. It's gonna be a waste if they'll give me a 10 year green card and oath the same time. Anyway, thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.