USA-Jamaica

Navigating through the red take with the Embassy in Kingston Jamaica

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline

I finally received my IV Bill today :dance::dance: I will send the payment back via overnight mail on Monday. Our package should be completed at the NVC in the next few weeks. From what I can tell from the members on this site; the time for the interview and visa to be issue is ranging from 2 months to over 4 months after the packet is received in Kingston. Any tips or shortcuts from anyone who had visas that were issued through the Embassy in Kingston Jamaica that you can share with me would be a great help. I am most interested in ways to get that packet 4 faster. I saw that for some members the Embassy email them info on packet 3. How can we may sure we are email? I think we have all the documentation required for the interview. Any info will be a greatly appreciated. I woul love a detail outline of what happen after the packet reach Kingston :thumbs: ....jwl

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I finally received my IV Bill today :dance::dance: I will send the payment back via overnight mail on Monday. Our package should be completed at the NVC in the next few weeks. From what I can tell from the members on this site; the time for the interview and visa to be issue is ranging from 2 months to over 4 months after the packet is received in Kingston. Any tips or shortcuts from anyone who had visas that were issued through the Embassy in Kingston Jamaica that you can share with me would be a great help. I am most interested in ways to get that packet 4 faster. I saw that for some members the Embassy email them info on packet 3. How can we may sure we are email? I think we have all the documentation required for the interview. Any info will be a greatly appreciated. I woul love a detail outline of what happen after the packet reach Kingston :thumbs: ....jwl

their are a couple of people in the yardies thread just above this that are going through the same process cr-1...so i would post this in that thread!!

best of luck!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats :thumbs: Have you been doing James Shortcuts??? Next you will need DS230 Part 1 filled out with a copy of your husbands passport biographical pages. Then you can send that in. You can create bar codes for the DS230 packet it will save you time. All The best I would say you have about 4 to 5 months to go. ALL THE BEST !!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

DS-230

After your DS-3032 is received by NVC, the IV (Immigrant Visa) fee bill will be generated. Unfortunately, because NVC generates an apparently random transaction number and puts it after the case number in the barcode on the IV fee bill, it is not possible to send in the IV fee bill as soon as NVC generates it -- you will have to use the one NVC sends you. Once you do receive it and send in the fee, NVC will eventually generate the DS-230 -- the actual immigrant visa application itself. As soon as you find out that the DS-230 has been generated, you should send in the copy you already have prepared.

Well before your DS-230 is generated, your spouse should download, fill out, and sign the downloadable version of the DS-230 (available by clicking HERE). (Generally, your spouse will only need to fill out and sign part I because he or she will be sent part II by the embassy when the interview appointment is given. However, if your spouse is from Canada, the Philippines, China, an African country, or two or three other countries for which NVC arranges the interview, your spouse may have to fill out -- but not sign -- part II. This DS-230 shortcut is primarily designed for those who only have to send in a DS-230 Part I. You should find out from a VJ member whose spouse is from the same country as yours exactly what is required.)

You will need to attach the coversheet to the completed DS-230 Part I before sending it in. Download the MS Word copy of the DS-230 Part I coversheet (available by clicking HERE ). Change the XXX1234567890 at the bottom to your case number, then go generate the barcode at http://www.idautomation.com/java/linearservlet.html.

To generate the barcode and put it in the sample coversheet, type in the case number under "Data to encode." Under "Barcode symbology," select CODE 39. Select "No" for the "Add check digit," "Add check digit to text," and "Show text below barcode" options. Change the "X dimension" (bar width) to 0.07 and the "Barcode bar height" to 0.7. Click on "Create Barcode."

In the resulting window, right click on the barcode and click on Copy. Then go to the MS Word copy of the DS-230 Part I coversheet, select the old barcode that's already there and hit the Delete key. Then click on Paste under the Edit menu (or hit Ctrl + V on the keyboard). You then need to further adjust the size of the barcode by right-clicking on it and clicking on "Format Picture." Then click on the "Size" tab. De-select "Lock aspect ratio" and change the height to 0.4" and the width to 3.45". Click on "OK."

Generally, the only thing you will have to include beyond the DS-230 Part I and the cover sheet is a simple (i.e., not notarized) photocopy of the biographical information page from your spouse's passport. If your spouse is from Canada, a country in Africa, China, and those two or three other countries, more is generally required. (Again, you should find out from a VJ member whose spouse is from the same country as yours exactly what you have to send in with the DS-230 Part I.) Send all of these things to the NVC address listed on the barcoded DS-230 Part I cover sheet.

YOU CAN GET THIS AT NVC FORUM UNDER SHORTCUTS PINNED AT THE TOP!!! This will save you a couple weeks. There really isn't anything you can do to push it along faster once your paperwork arrives in Kingston.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Congrats :thumbs: Have you been doing James Shortcuts??? Next you will need DS230 Part 1 filled out with a copy of your husbands passport biographical pages. Then you can send that in. You can create bar codes for the DS230 packet it will save you time. All The best I would say you have about 4 to 5 months to go. ALL THE BEST !!!

Yes I have a signed DS 230 already in the US. I have created the DS230 cover sheet. I am just waiting on confirmation of receipt of payment and that the DS230 has been generated so I can mail the dS230 form. I check the status line at the NVC every few days. So I am really clear on what needs to be done to get the NVC part completed and pretty sure I will have that all wrapped up with in the next few weeks. The info on this site has been AWESOME!!!

The part that is not clear or should I said varies with every member on this site is when the packet get to Kingston. I am in Jamaica at least one every two months and my husband is scheduled to visit the US again in a few weeks for at least three weeks. I saw where one member actually got email info on packet 3 from the Embassy in Kingston. This would be very helpful to us since we made not be at our homes in the US or Jamaica but we always have access to our email. We just don't want to lose any time with the mail system in Jamaica.... :help::help:

Timeline
DS-230

After your DS-3032 is received by NVC, the IV (Immigrant Visa) fee bill will be generated. Unfortunately, because NVC generates an apparently random transaction number and puts it after the case number in the barcode on the IV fee bill, it is not possible to send in the IV fee bill as soon as NVC generates it -- you will have to use the one NVC sends you. Once you do receive it and send in the fee, NVC will eventually generate the DS-230 -- the actual immigrant visa application itself. As soon as you find out that the DS-230 has been generated, you should send in the copy you already have prepared.

Well before your DS-230 is generated, your spouse should download, fill out, and sign the downloadable version of the DS-230 (available by clicking HERE). (Generally, your spouse will only need to fill out and sign part I because he or she will be sent part II by the embassy when the interview appointment is given. However, if your spouse is from Canada, the Philippines, China, an African country, or two or three other countries for which NVC arranges the interview, your spouse may have to fill out -- but not sign -- part II. This DS-230 shortcut is primarily designed for those who only have to send in a DS-230 Part I. You should find out from a VJ member whose spouse is from the same country as yours exactly what is required.)

You will need to attach the coversheet to the completed DS-230 Part I before sending it in. Download the MS Word copy of the DS-230 Part I coversheet (available by clicking HERE ). Change the XXX1234567890 at the bottom to your case number, then go generate the barcode at http://www.idautomation.com/java/linearservlet.html.

To generate the barcode and put it in the sample coversheet, type in the case number under "Data to encode." Under "Barcode symbology," select CODE 39. Select "No" for the "Add check digit," "Add check digit to text," and "Show text below barcode" options. Change the "X dimension" (bar width) to 0.07 and the "Barcode bar height" to 0.7. Click on "Create Barcode."

In the resulting window, right click on the barcode and click on Copy. Then go to the MS Word copy of the DS-230 Part I coversheet, select the old barcode that's already there and hit the Delete key. Then click on Paste under the Edit menu (or hit Ctrl + V on the keyboard). You then need to further adjust the size of the barcode by right-clicking on it and clicking on "Format Picture." Then click on the "Size" tab. De-select "Lock aspect ratio" and change the height to 0.4" and the width to 3.45". Click on "OK."

Generally, the only thing you will have to include beyond the DS-230 Part I and the cover sheet is a simple (i.e., not notarized) photocopy of the biographical information page from your spouse's passport. If your spouse is from Canada, a country in Africa, China, and those two or three other countries, more is generally required. (Again, you should find out from a VJ member whose spouse is from the same country as yours exactly what you have to send in with the DS-230 Part I.) Send all of these things to the NVC address listed on the barcoded DS-230 Part I cover sheet.

YOU CAN GET THIS AT NVC FORUM UNDER SHORTCUTS PINNED AT THE TOP!!! This will save you a couple weeks. There really isn't anything you can do to push it along faster once your paperwork arrives in Kingston.

Hi,

Based on your timeline, your interview is in four days :dance::dance: . Congrats!!! Can you give me an overview on what happen when your packet got to Kingston? How long did it take for you to get packet 3. Was there any info ask for in this packet that took you some time to retrieve? Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Timeline
DS-230

Hi,

Based on your timeline, your interview is in four days :dance::dance: . Congrats!!! Can you give me an overview on what happen when your packet got to Kingston? How long did it take for you to get packet 3. Was there any info ask for in this packet that took you some time to retrieve? Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Please PM me when you get the DS230 done. I will give you the info. On the yardies thread I wrote out all the information on the Medical and what is in my binder. Go to the top and surf through the pages ton of info there and good reading. You really only need the I-864 notarized again, DS230 part I and II, his bip pages on passport, your guys original birthcertificate, police reports, original marriage certificate, his passport, past 3 years of taxes, 3 recent pay stubs, 3 recent bank statments, letter from employer stating how much you make and any evidence that shows proof of relationship.

Tell him now to get his police certificates done in Kingston.

Hope this helps

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.