9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

i just got my 2 year green card about few days ago but me and my husband moving to a different place my question is even if i got my conditional green card do we still need to change our address with USCIS or can we just wait until we file to remove condition? Please advice.

As far as I know, you HAVE to change your address. I believe you have ten days to do it after you've moved. It's very important, because when you go to apply for adjustment of status, they will ask for all the addresses at which you've lived...and it appears that they check to make sure that you've been registered with them at those addresses. I forget the form you need to use to change your address, but I'm sure you can find that info here somewhere. Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Mary

Hi all,

i just got my 2 year green card about few days ago but me and my husband moving to a different place my question is even if i got my conditional green card do we still need to change our address with USCIS or can we just wait until we file to remove condition? Please advice.

December 11, 2006: I-130 Petition signed for in Frankfurt.

December 21, 2006: Credit Card charged $190.

February 6, 2007: Heard back from Frankfurt. They want proof that our relationship is bonafide.

February 8, 2007: Sent proof (old emails, joint bank account statements, story of how we met)

February 24, 2007: I-130 Approved. Received Packet 3 in the mail.

February 26, 2007: Faxed OF-169 (checklist) to Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt; Mailed back DS-230 Part I

March 2, 2007: Received Packet 4 (Interview Appointment Scheduled)

April 2, 2007: Interview in Frankfurt; Visa Approved!

April 5, 2007: Visa received.

June 27, 2007: POE Boston.

July 23, 2007: Went to local social security office and applied for number in person (although D had checked off the box to receive one on the DS-230).

July 30, 2007: Daniel received his social security number and greencard in the mail.

March 31, 2009: Mailed I-751 to Vermont USCIS

April 2, 2009: I-751 application received (saw this with USPS tracking)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just called when I moved and they filled out the paperwork for me! Or there's a link on USCIS.gov :)

Hope that helps!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

AOS Sent March 5/07

NoA Date March 23/07

BIO Appt April 12/07

Case Transfered to California April 12/07

AOS Touched April 12/07

AOS Touched April 14/07

Transfered notices in hand (Snail Mail style) April 20/07

Case "pending" in CSC May 16/07

AOS Touched May 17/07

AOS Touched May 18/07

AOS Touched June 5/07

AOS Touched June 6/07

Card Production Ordered 10:45 AM on June 19/07

Approval Notice Sent June 22/07

AOS Touched June 24/07

Mail Returned Undeliverable (saying mean words under my breathe) July 11th

Card Resent, Card had errors (long story...)

Card Sent Pack to them...

Has to go Back through FBI Name check

Card Production REORDERED Aug 22/07

I guess technically there are two forms. First, there's the AR-11, which the immigrant can either mail in or fill out online through USCIS's website. The immigrant must submit change of addrss within ten days of moving.

The other form is for the immigrant's sponsor. Anyone who has completed an I-864 must submit form I-865 within 30 days of moving to a different address.

Best wishes,

Mary

I just called when I moved and they filled out the paperwork for me! Or there's a link on USCIS.gov :)

Hope that helps!

February 6, 2007: Heard back from Frankfurt. They want proof that our relationship is bonafide.

February 8, 2007: Sent proof (old emails, joint bank account statements, story of how we met)

February 26, 2007: Faxed OF-169 (checklist) to Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt; Mailed back DS-230 Part I

July 23, 2007: Went to local social security office and applied for number in person (although D had checked off the box to receive one on the DS-230).

July 30, 2007: Daniel received his social security number and greencard in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

So, if AOS is not filed yet, the sponsor does not need to fill out I-865, just AR-11 when the address changed???? :blink:

Thanks, Anja

08/10/2009 - sent off I-751 to CA service center

08/16/2009 - check cashed

08/28/2009 - received NOA1

09/11/2009 - biometrics in Portland

03/30/2010 - done for the next 10 years.............

Anja,

I'm not exactly sure how it works in your situation, but if you currently have a CR-1 visa, as it appears from your timeline, then upon moving, you would need to complete a change of address form, the AR-11. If Henry is your sponsor, then whenever he moves, he needs to submit the I-865. Does that make sense? As far as I know, all of this needs to happen regardless of how close you are to applying for Adjustment of Status.

Hope this makes sense.

Best wishes,

Mary

Hi Everyone,

Please forgive me. I've misunderstood something crucial. You all are applying for adjustment of status, and not removal of conditions on permanent residency, and I'd somehow confused them as being the same thing. I'm not sure how it works for people applying for adjustment of status, since I believe you have a different visa than my husband has. Anja, if Henry has never filled out an I-864 for you, then he would not have to complete the I-865. That's only for people who've previously completed the I-864. Again, sorry for any confusion I might have caused. I thought I was in the Removing Conditions forum, but I was in the Adjustment of Status.

Best of luck,

Mary

Anja,

I'm not exactly sure how it works in your situation, but if you currently have a CR-1 visa, as it appears from your timeline, then upon moving, you would need to complete a change of address form, the AR-11. If Henry is your sponsor, then whenever he moves, he needs to submit the I-865. Does that make sense? As far as I know, all of this needs to happen regardless of how close you are to applying for Adjustment of Status.

Hope this makes sense.

Best wishes,

Mary

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the clarification. Ok AR-11 is good enough for us than. Henry is actually our son :blush: and he has no problems: dual citizenship, what a blessing for him.

Thanks anyway, Cheers Anja

08/10/2009 - sent off I-751 to CA service center

08/16/2009 - check cashed

08/28/2009 - received NOA1

09/11/2009 - biometrics in Portland

03/30/2010 - done for the next 10 years.............

Anja,

Sorry again for the confusion. And sorry too for thinking Henry was your husband. :wacko:

Good luck with everything!

-Mary

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the clarification. Ok AR-11 is good enough for us than. Henry is actually our son :blush: and he has no problems: dual citizenship, what a blessing for him.

Thanks anyway, Cheers Anja

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.