New Pilot I-601 Waiver Adjudication Program Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22200

New Pilot I-601 Waiver Adjudication Program

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

American Consulate

Over a month ago, the USCIS Ciudad Juarez Office, in conjunction with the US State Department implemented a new pilot program to provide same day adjudication of many I-601 Waivers of Excludability. For intending immigrants that require consular immigrant visa processing and have also been found inadmissible by a consular officer, they are often allowed to file a waiver to overcome various immigration and criminal violations, and health related inadmissibilites.

Using USCIS’ online appointment system InfoPass, waiver applicants can select a convenient date and time to return to the consulate to file their waiver. InfoPass may be accessed at www.infopass.uscis.gov. An USCIS Adjudications Officer will review the waiver and supporting documentation at the time the waiver applicant files it with the US Consulate. The officer may at his or her discretion approve the waiver at that time or it may be referred for further review and final adjudication. The waiver applicant will need to demonstrate that his or her United States Citizen/Permanent Resident spouse or parent would suffer “extreme hardship” should the applicant not return to the US. All required security checks would be made and reviewed before approving the waiver and issuance of the immigrant visa.

Warren Janssen, the Officer-in-Charge of the USCIS Cd. Juarez office stated, “this ground making pilot program makes sense and ensures that qualifying immigrants return to their families without unnecessary delays. Those applicants that file a well prepared I-601 and who otherwise do not have any serious adverse issues to be addressed will, in many cases, be approved and be able to receive their visas on the same day.” Approved waiver applicants will normally be issued their immigrant visa on or the next business day depending on US Consulate workloads and schedules. Referred waiver applicants will be advised that a final decision will be made on their waiver at a later time and they will be notified via mail to their U.S. address provided on the waiver. The waiver applicant must remain outside the U.S. while their waiver is pending.

USCIS has also taken steps to eliminate the current I-601 waiver backlog by proving the Cd. Juarez field office with additional resources. Those immigrants that have pending I-601 waivers with the Cd. Juarez field office will be notified via mail of their decision.

Rev. 4/3/2007

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I sincerely hope that this program's an overwhelming success, and that they'll start to implement similar programs in other countries in a few years. Anything that speeds up the waiver process and spares people the pain of separation from their loved ones can only be a good thing.

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

Timeline
I sincerely hope that this program's an overwhelming success, and that they'll start to implement similar programs in other countries in a few years. Anything that speeds up the waiver process and spares people the pain of separation from their loved ones can only be a good thing.

I agree 100%. So far it has been successful. Too bad they couldn't also put something into place to address those of us who have already been waiting for 6 months and were not eligible to be included in this program simply due to the start date :(

Edited by kitkat1

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I agree 100%. So far it has been successful. Too bad they couldn't also put something into place to address those of us who have already been waiting for 6 months and were not eligible to be included in this program simply due to the start date :(

US Immigration only seems to make things retroactive when it suits them. I know the wait times for waivers at CDJ are terrible. Any idea when you can expect to hear something? I hope it's soon.

***I-130***

2006-10-11 I-130 NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

***I-129F***

2006-10-23 I-129F NOA1

2007-02-05 approved

2007-04-30 Interview--Visa Approved!

2007-05-07 Gary arrives in US

208 days from filing to interview

****EAD****

2007-05-15 Sent to Chicago

2007-05-22 NOA1

2007-06-12 Biometrics

2007-09-07 approved! (115 loooooong days)

2007-09-17 card received in mail

Timeline

US Immigration only seems to make things retroactive when it suits them. I know the wait times for waivers at CDJ are terrible. Any idea when you can expect to hear something? I hope it's soon.

If we're lucky, 6 more months :( but better than no waiver at all!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

[

quote name='kitkat1' date='Apr 26 2007, 03:20 PM' post='866477']

I agree 100%. So far it has been successful. Too bad they couldn't also put something into place to address those of us who have already been waiting for 6 months and were not eligible to be included in this program simply due to the start date
:(

I wish they could do something for us that have been waiting a long time too, instead of just people who were able to go after the pilot program started. My husband has been in Mexico since November of 2005 because he went home to see his father because he was dying of pancreatic cancer. He had not seen him for almost 10 years, so we thought it was important that he see him one last time. His dad died about three days after he returned home. We are thankful that he got to see him, but we never knew that we would have to wait so much time for the process to be complete. It has been frustrating that all of the estimated times are always so much longer than what they say. We finally had our appointment in Ciudad Juarez on June 27, 2006, and then we filed the I-601 on June 28, 2006, so we have been waiting almost a full year with no word. These posts are giving me hope that something will happen soon to speed up the process!

Timeline
We finally had our appointment in Ciudad Juarez on June 27, 2006, and then we filed the I-601 on June 28, 2006, so we have been waiting almost a full year with no word. These posts are giving me hope that something will happen soon to speed up the process!

Morelia, your approval should be coming any day. They are processing June/July right now. Check www.immigrate2us.net

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.